Window motor Problem

DMcV

Reaction score
The passenger power window has now slowed to a crawl when going down for the last half . Comes up a little faster but nothing like the drivers side speed for up & down.
Would it be needing some lube in the gears or workings or is it the motor?

I've never had the panel off...always have bad luck poping the clips or breaking them off the panel. I know there must be a special tool to remove the panel...any name for it ?
Thanks
Dennis

DMcV

Reaction score
Sounds good to me.... What type of lube do these track require?
Any secrets in removing the panel ?
Thanks for your reply
Dennis

sassyrel

Reaction score
Sounds good to me.... What type of lube do these track require?
Any secrets in removing the panel ?
Thanks for your reply
Dennis

it looks like a two prong pickle fork--and you can get the new clips for not much at any GOOD ford dealer----------------lube,any good white lithium grease--and dont get crazy with it--actually--sprayable graphite is better--grease attracts dirt--graphite doesnt--

DMcV

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....
I found this information on another forum and it also helped a great deal.
So I thought it might help any others wanting to lube up the window tracks.
It was a VERY easy job...the panels removed easily and no clips to pry or break off.
Here is the quote : "My right front window would barely move when I was opening it. Binding real bad on the way down. So I pulled the door panel, ( a two minute affair ) lubed all the tracks with silicone grease. Now the window goes down very easily.
Just wanted to pass this on to anyone who is dealing with that. I had all four doors done in an hour. To remove the door panels, remove the red reflector from the door, remove the screw underneath of it. Gently pry up on the window switch bezel at the front for the front door, and the side for the rear doors if so equipped. There will be another screw underneath. Unplug the switch, and light, remove the screw. Remove the top piece by the mirror area (pry it straight out). Push up on the panel and it comes off.
I used that real thick silicone grease that you can get a plumbers supply for lubing faucet o-rings. It looks like double thick vaseline.
Windows work like a dream now. "
PS I found the silicone grease at Home Depot.
Hope this helps .... Dennis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7