Wicked Wheel 2 - performance reviews?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm definitely thinking about getting one for my '93. Worse engine needs more boost, and I'm only making 12 at full chooch. Plenty of extra fuel, though, so I really need more air.

I've seen a few threads, a few people talked about them... but not much beyond that. I haven't really heard about before/after comparisons, or anything like that.

There's one video on Youtube with somebody having one... but only getting 6 PSI of boost. That being said, with the stock wastegate and/or no fuel, that would be reasonable.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
We instaled one on an engine I built. Studded 6.9, Bb codes set to 1950, baby moose(cause it ran 7 months before installing factory turbo setup). With factory turbo and wastegate wired shut the truck would hit 12 lbs. after swapping to the ww it now hits 16 psi, is much quicker to spool up. Truck is a 8800 lb 4x4 cab chassis with a 5 speed. Egt pretty much stayed the same if not a smidge lower

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally someone talking about this, yeah I only hit near 7psi currently and I’d like to spool sooner, just never saw an actual psi gain advertised with the WW.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Finally someone talking about this, yeah I only hit near 7psi currently and I’d like to spool sooner, just never saw an actual psi gain advertised with the WW.

I believe R&D did a dyno result of the WW2 on the idi, its on youtube somewhere. I have the ww2 in my truck, and only hit 7 psi, but I think its due to still having the factory wastegate hooked up.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe R&D did a dyno result of the WW2 on the idi, its on youtube somewhere. I have the ww2 in my truck, and only hit 7 psi, but I think its due to still having the factory wastegate hooked up.
That’s probably so, I turned the rod back a few turns and I believe the highest I hit is like 8PSI. Everyone talks about wiring the waste gate shut, but I’d need to see a picture to get what they mean.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s probably so, I turned the rod back a few turns and I believe the highest I hit is like 8PSI. Everyone talks about wiring the waste gate shut, but I’d need to see a picture to get what they mean.
Unplug the wastegate boost line entirely, then use bailing wire to tie it in the shut position(the state it will be in with the engine off). Effectively don't let the rod extend at all.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the wastegate boost line entirely, then use bailing wire to tie it in the shut position(the state it will be in with the engine off). Effectively don't let the rod extend at all.
If it isn’t a hassle and if you have time; I’d appreciate it if you could take a picture of what it looks like on one of your rigs. Anytime is fine, I’ll probably do this when I attempt the intercooler and rad replacement in the coming month. Thank you!

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I... sure. I have been running with it just unplugged, but I'll get some bailing wire and tie it up; see if it makes a difference in any case.