Who to contact for member timing meter rental??

superbeetle73

Reaction score
HI my name is Chris and i've read on this forum that there is a member rental program. i am interested. can someone please contact me with more info. thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hello Chris. I have the timing meter rental program. Thanks for the interest. This is how it works. The have the Kent Moore Tac N Time J33300-A and J33300 meters that I use. When I send them out they are ready for use by using the pulse timing method. All this means is the system clamps on the number 1 or 4 injector line and a magnetic probe sticks into the dampner timing tab. Then you connect to 12 volts power, press one rocker switch on the meter and your ready to fire up the engine. On a cold or warm engine you rev to 2000 rpm + or _ 25 rpm and see what the timing reading is. The meter tells you both timing degrees and rpm. Its just that simple. The two probe locations must be cleaned of dirt, oil and rust or paint. I can advise how thats done. The feee is $60.00 and I pay the shipping fee to you. You pay it back to me or another member thats waiting for a meter. In a pm I give you any other information needed and I give you my cell phone number so you can call me with any questions any time of day or nite. I'm available for your needs or questions. I expect this work to take no longer that 1 week from when you get the meter. Remember, others are waiting for the meter you have usually.
Now a little about timing these engines. As the pump wears out the timing changes. Its just a fact of life. If a pump or injector set is changed out you will need to have the engine retimed. Finding any shop that will actually time these engines is mostly impossible here in the US and Canada. Thats a shame too. Some shops "claim" they have timed an engine for a member here but all they did was listen to the running engine and say that sounds good... Now pay be for timing....:eek:;Really:rolleyes: Thats just not right. I have several viedos I made about timing posted in this forum. I will dig one out and post it here for you and others that might need this rental program. These engines are not like a gass engine where you adjust the timing when the engine is running. The pump makes way too much torque pressureizing the fuel to the injectors. You see what the meter tell you. Shut done the engine and make the adjustments needed. Then restart and check it. I supply the 2 special tool needed to turn the injection pump and the wrench to loosen or tighten the three 9/16 hex nuts holding the pump tight to the gear cover... NEVER EVER TAKE THE PUMP OFF THE ENGINE WITH THE GEAR COVER ATTACHED TO THE GEAR AND PUMP... That will cause the injection pump gear to the cam gear timing to get off by a few teeth.. Thats a real mess to fix too but it can be done without removing the complete fron to the engine... Hope this helps you and others how this program works. Just pm me your needs and time frame and we can move on from there.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANv48GEVuh0&list=UUXOWdff_Gl2acaZwXcYHAKg&index=8&feature=plcp

Last edited:

superbeetle73

Reaction score
how to pay the fee??

do you use paypal?? i would really like to be added to the waiting list

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes, I do take paypal. Its the easy way to pay for many here. Send me a PM and we will continue this there. I have two meters at this time available in the program. Usually the wait is 2 to 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.