Who sells IDI heads?

JosieGallows

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of places that sell IDI heads? I need a set of precups and I'm assuming a shop that stocks heads will have precups.

JosieGallows

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with your cups?

A few of mine are cracked right on the firering and a few are distorted looking like the previous owner gave the engine shots of ether to get it to start. All of mine are no good.

I've looked everywhere and asked everyone but can't seem to find any heads or precups.

I was dealing with a user on Facebook in the "Ford IDI Diesel Owners" group, he told me he'd sell me a set of used precups for $20 that he knocked out of an old head. Turns out after I sent him the money via PayPal he never replied and closed his FB account. I lost $20 in the blink of an eye and no one cares if I have wheels or not. And I couldn't dispute either. $20 down the drain, **** gone.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear that. People that that make it ******* everybody. Fortunately there are a lot of good folks out there honestly willing to help.
Hope you find your precups, I hear they are available, but expensive.

A few of mine are cracked right on the firering and a few are distorted looking like the previous owner gave the engine shots of ether to get it to start. All of mine are no good.

I've looked everywhere and asked everyone but can't seem to find any heads or precups.

I was dealing with a user on Facebook in the "Ford IDI Diesel Owners" group, he told me he'd sell me a set of used precups for $20 that he knocked out of an old head. Turns out after I sent him the money via PayPal he never replied and closed his FB account. I lost $20 in the blink of an eye and no one cares if I have wheels or not. And I couldn't dispute either. $20 down the drain, **** gone.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try Dieselcast Welding in Oregon. Also Alabama Cylinder Heads. Ebay has several heads listed from rebuilders too.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say you paid the creep thru Paypal. You certainly do have a recourse thru Paypal. Don't let that smuck get away with it. It was so cheap of a deal, he may doing that to others. It's like, Oh it was only $20, ain't got time to mess with it. Paypal will Ban him from them, if they get enough complaints.
:***: Homer, do it. File the complaint with Paypal.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. File a complaint with paypal and i bet you get your money back.. then they go after the ******* creep. When you set up an account with them you need to give up lots of personal information about yourself. Like address, name and cell number. They will get you too.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
X3. File with Paypal. It will take some time and effort, but you will be helping stop someone from repeating his fraud again. I don' have any more to add about getting precups, but wish you well in your search.

You could try local wrecking yards, too. Precups are pretty hard to wreck, I'll bet even junk heads have good cups. Cheap.

JosieGallows

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3. File with Paypal. It will take some time and effort, but you will be helping stop someone from repeating his fraud again. I don' have any more to add about getting precups, but wish you well in your search.

You could try local wrecking yards, too. Precups are pretty hard to wreck, I'll bet even junk heads have good cups. Cheap.
I tried a PayPal dispute, and it didn't work out. PayPal didn't do anything about it. Like I said, $20 = GONE forever.

Try Dieselcast Welding in Oregon. Also Alabama Cylinder Heads. Ebay has several heads listed from rebuilders too.

I ordered from Dieselcastwelding from Minnesota.. All the cups had big gouges and they sunk into the head wayyyy to deep. So I sent them back for a refund. They even looked different too.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HE MAY have recourse with PayPal....he may not..

If he paid 20 bucks but sent as a gift...he's effed bad....

If he got an invoice and paid it, he's good to go.....

JM2CW

Al

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare set of heads I could sell you the precups out of...they are 7.3 heads tho...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see in any of the posts wether he has a 6.9 or a 7.3. Pretty sure they are different.

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
I was always curious if there was a way to convert these to direct injection, if that would build more power. But yea as far as pre cups, I'd go to the wreckers, like Pick'n'Pull and salvage them. You could probably stick them in your tool box and get them for the price if admission. Small stuff like that the pick'n'pulls around here don't know what stuff like that is and figure it's just scrap you brought with you.