Whiteish blueish smoke at WOT

Christopher Cline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 Idi original motor, 286k,new injectors, pump with idk how many miles on.
Right now I’m having white smoke on start up. Once it’s warm it’s just a haze and won’t really smoke cruising town but if I romp on it it puts out a blueish white smoke. Cruising on hwy it will sometimes have a steady haze of it. I compression tested and 7/8 were 395-400 ish and one was 385. That same cylinder had some funk on the valve cover while I was replacing gaskets. Not a lot but a little bit
Do you guys think this is a valve seal? Bad rings? Or IP?
Also do these have dual valve springs stock? Mine has the outer one and a smaller one inside it and was wondering/hoping there’s already been a head job done.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Could be valve guide, but I would adjust the timing first.
You can poke around here for IP timing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Christopher Cline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been adjusting it by ear as I live way out in the boonies. No acces to pulse timer. I’ve got it to where it starts right away when warmed up, and finally getting decent mpgs. Around 16. Just a little puff of black at start and a slight haze at WOT. Aside from the white/blue

Christopher Cline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digging these fast replies haha

Just replaced fuel filter around 150 miles ago and just added a edelbrock 4bbl intake filter. Which btw added tremendous throttle response

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Is it oil? If the valley pan's dirty, it may be fuel that looks black. Do you have a turbo? If so, it could be coming from the turbo or the oil feed line that goes to the turbo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.