Whiteish blueish smoke at WOT

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found it. One injector isn’t aerating the diesel. It’s just squirting a straight stream of it. The rest all had a fine misty spray to them
Is the pop pressure similar? Does it leak down and drip when you try to hold, say 1,400 psi?

Christopher Cline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I really rednecked my test ha. I used a injector line off the pump and switched my injectors around one by one with the testing injector going into a cup. And just watched the spray patterns

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I really rednecked my test ha. I used a injector line off the pump and switched my injectors around one by one with the testing injector going into a cup. And just watched the spray patterns
Got another injector to swap out with and see if you can eliminate the problem?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do want to point out one more thing, in case you are wondering: Unlike in a DI engine, spray pattern isn't critical in an IDI; the precup will vaporize the droplets. However, what is important is that all 8 injectors do the same thing, at the same time(pressure).
"Pintle-less" stage-1 injectors basically just spray the fuel straight down, and they do work fine, but you aren't trying to mix them with other injectors either.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, yes. I use a pressure tester and re-shim them as needed to get the pressures to match.

HOWEVER, what I find is that old, worn injector nozzles(the bit that wears) will wear at different rates and within a few thousand miles they will 'drift'.
If you can, the best thing to do(aside from just buying a complete set of injectors new) is to buy a new set of nozzles and build yourself the set. OEM nozzles are expensive and hard to find, but China has some copied nozzles around. I bought a set straight from China(for around $50), and I see one company on Ebay selling a set for under $100.
I've worked with chinese nozzles before and they work just fine - a machined chunk of steel is a machined chunk of steel. If it works initially(when building), it'll keep working.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is a 4bbl intake filter
It's a air cleaner filter that is used on four barrel carb motors but can be used on diesel trucks and cars helps keep the air cleaner more clear air/air flow makes a diesel motor happy so I'm told

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. He does pumps too. Might as well buy both at the same place. That's what I do.
Sounds good to me! I was about to post a new thread on "how do I attach the ac compressor bracket " not to hijack this thread, but just got the old bracket for my vbelt compressor and can't figure it out. Need some pics of somebody elses vbelt setup. Did search for threads but found none.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Wes, do you still build injectors for sale?
Also, where would be the most reputable place to buy an injector pump?
Yessir, I sell six different pumps at different power levels to support anything from stock to wild. I sell three different injectors as well. The website should be up tomorrow with all the pricing and options of each pump and injector.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures of this. I'm assuming that you have the aluminum bracket that bolts to the passenger's side head. There's two steel(?) brackets that attach to your compressor.On to the front, one to the back. These both bolt to the aluminum bracket. I hope this helps a little bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle