whistlin oil cap

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all its been a while since i was on here real caught up with work. i saw on here a while back that if you take the oil cap off when the motor is running it should whistle, i was wondering how loud it should be, i tried this and mine is pretty dam loud sort sounds like one of those hand hadle whistle PE teachers have

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi all its been a while since i was on here real caught up with work. i saw on here a while back that if you take the oil cap off when the motor is running it should whistle, i was wondering how loud it should be, i tried this and mine is pretty dam loud sort sounds like one of those hand hadle whistle PE teachers have
you're hearing the timing gear noises. Yea, it's pretty loud with the filler cap off.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
yeah it can get loud. also when its off check the smoke comming out, it should go away when you start getting into the throttle a little. if no smoke then your in good condition!!

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks i couldnt remember what the other post said and couldnt find it again i was just making sure it wasnt a bad thing it whistlin like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online