which motor would win?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have to be a buthead who said anything on public roads.. what if I said i got some connections on a track... huh.... what then....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I used to do my fair share of illegal street racing in some very quiet parts of the county. the only people around was fellow racers and those who have put up a stake in the outcome. we did not encourage casual onlookers. that being said, this thread brings out all my pet peeves. here they are in no particular order.
1)I despise benchracers. Real performance requires money, skiils and a place to really work on your ride. the apt complex driveway isn't it. real engine machine shop skills take years to develop and plenty of casualties along the way.
2)people who brag to others about how much faster their POS is compared to others. and when they sell it, it becomes the slowest POS once again. I can't even begin to remember the tall tales about how magically a impount lot cinderella just suddenly became the latest "lighting McQueen" i see this ******** everyday.
3)racin' is in my blood.....
um yeah. that's why you just broadsided some hapless Honda Civic with your rented Z06 'vette. Oh yea, you're going down for murder because you just killed the Honda driver while doing the century mark in a residential district. if you really are going to race, go do it somewhere where you are going to kill yourself not innocent bystanders.

rant off.......

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree towcat. I dont street race anymore i think me and that cummins was the first and last time. i did my fare share of driving fast in a Fire truck when i was a firefighter and that was plenty for me a whole whopping 55 MPH lol... and thats the local speed limit. as much as i love cars and trucks their power. i like to watch and stand by and watch the other idiots get a ticket for wreckless driving/wreckless endangerment in TN. i like to do more off roading than racing thats what my truck is built for not racing.... i spent 750$ on Goodyears for offroading not burning them up...

gatorman21218

Reaction score
well I ask because the 4.9 is so close to be a 5.0

Actually the 302 has a metric displacment of 4.942. Ford "rounded up" to avoid confusing the 302 with the 300-6. I just wish Ford had rounded up the powerstroke displacement so every idiot autozone parts guy could understand what I am trying to find parts for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online