Where to get battery cables

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, i'm tired of my bad cable clamps and am going to buy a new cable. the clamp in the middle of the red cable can't be adjusted, so every now and then my truck won't start because of the clamps.

so, where should i look to get new cables?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Try a local Interstate battery outlet. I got a premade positive cable for half what Ford charges.

sassyrel

Reaction score
or--go to a semi tractor place--they can make cables for you--or probably can repairs yours with their ends---

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Or do what myself and many others have done.

Do away with the troublesome lead terminal ends and replace them with copper-lug-ring-terminals.

You can crimp these on your existing cables, without removing them from the truck.

To use these on your present batteries, simply clamp on a set of marine-style battery terminals that adapt post-type batteries to accept the ring-terminals.

When you are ready for new batteries, replace the post-type batteries with STUD-type Group 30S, or 31S; they will fit the carriers with no modifications.

Of all the many modifications and improvements I have done to my truck, this is by far one of my favorites.

There are several informative threads on this, both here, and over at the drama stop.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
This Web site seems to have a very nice set.

I put those on one of my trucks. Excellent quality and heavier duty for about half the price of the Ford parts. Very good customer service although a little slow since this is a part time business for him. I had to wait an extra week for mine due to a supply issue on his end, so he stuck some free goodies in the box with my cables. I would definately use them again.

Tom

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I've got Custombatterycabless.com on my 93, too. I'd HIGHLY recomend them. They are done right, look great, and I gained about 2-300 cranking RPM.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I've bought from custombatterycables many times as well, always great product and service, but as was said, might take a day or two, but usually he makes up for it. All the products I have purchased have been high quality as well and if you need something cable related that is not on his sight, email cause he can prolly get it. I made up my own cable using some of his parts on my 87 because I also added in 2 10 ga. wired to run my relay set (headlights, air horns, etc) and he supplied about the best shrink tubing I have seen! I hope I never have to take them apart!!! ;Sweet

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the information. can somebody upload some pics of the cables Custom Battery Cables makes? it sounds good. i'll go measure things and make sure they will fit without asking him to change a bit.

dualexhaust

Reaction score
Big thumbs up to custombatterycables.com also. Good quality, the ends didn't seem to be lead. They were copper or brass, if memory serves.;Sweet

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, thanks. i was reading his site and he uses coper ends that are coated in tin. sounds like i'm going to buy from him. thanks again for the reference everyone.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I purchased ends from him, can snap a picture of them if that would help, but on my current truck, I made the cables using their parts. I don't want to take a picture of my cables and mis-represent his product, good or bad! :)

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my cables, and installed the positive one. My truck is running again. I'm going to get the negative cables on once it warms up a bit more. plus, i need to do some wiring adjustments to connect some small wires to the negative cables.

but, i am very happy with the cables from custom battery cabels.