Where to buy ip.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've spent the last few days looking for somewhere to buy an ip.
I can't find anything really. Only thing on eBay is the diesel care that every body advises against.
And a couple places that are asking like 800 till you get them the core back.
Where are you guys getting your pumps from? I really can't afford the cost or down time to get a moose pump.
Could probally afford a dps turbo cal but really don't want the truck down while it gets rebuilt.
I need something fast tho. This leak sucks and my wallet does not like 12mpg.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't afford moose, I highly recommend Oregon Fuel Injection. It will set you back $440 + core. Make sure you buy the right pump that matches your core, because some cores are $250 and some are $400, you want to make sure you get your whole core back.

I would have preferred to get a pump for $325 which was what the dieselcare and pensacola pumps were at the time, but I decided that while I was going through all the trouble of changing the pump and paying for a timing meter rental I might as well buy once and have it over with. I'd drive a while longer at 12 mpg and save rather than buy a lower quality pump and risk having to send it back, wait for a replacement etc. I've had my OFI pump for 2 years almost and 15k miles, it still runs great.

You may already know this, but if its time for a pump its probably time for injectors too. I HIGHLY recommend you get them from typ4, when he has them available again. You'll pay a bit more but the service you receive is great. With a new pump and injectors my weak, poor starting truck starts great and has decent power. Mileage is low for me though, about 13-15 mpg, but I do have a CC LB and do a lot of short town trips.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked them out.
I cannot afford a 750 dollar order. Even if I do get 250 back once they get my core.
I don't have enough money to pay the intianl cost of 750.

Is uhaul not selling any more pumps?

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
Or if it not a rush to get done get in touch with OLDBULL8 on the 28th or 29th when he oi out of hospital I just payed him $290 for one and that covers shipping too.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris, since you have a turbo, the best pump for you would be DPS turbo cal or a Moose Pump from Agnem. If you can't swing those look for your local, authorized stanadyne shop. Be careful about the like core for like core thing. Speaking of cores, if you need one, one of us can probably help you out with that. I don't have any hanging around, but I'd be glad to see if I can grab one out of the junkyard for you if it isn't too much $$. Also check out Pensacola Diesel. You're probably close enough to their shop to give them a piece of your mind if it really turned out bad. Check Stanadyne's website. I'm not coming up with anything in Panama City, but I found SHiver Diesel in Midway, FL and Tri-State Diesel in Dothan,AL. Anyway, Choice 1, DPS or Moose, Choice 2, Local shop, Choice 3 anything else. One more thing. If a stock pump is good enough, check with Drag Rag, I think he was offering one. OnDaRoad had one listed in the Marketplace. OldBull88 also was stockpiling the Uhaul pumps. I don't know if he's willing to part with any more of them or even has any left.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks jd.
There's no local shops close to me. Or I woulda just done that while truck was down for headgaskets.
I might just try Pensacola because I'm not Teribly far away from Pensacola.
I just emailed dps about getting a turbo pump. Getting price quote and time frame.

I would like more than a stock pump. I only touch like 800 deg egts and that's by close to 80mph.
Well see what happens...

wmoguy

Reaction score
I've spent the last few days looking for somewhere to buy an ip.
I can't find anything really. Only thing on eBay is the diesel care that every body advises against.
And a couple places that are asking like 800 till you get them the core back.
Where are you guys getting your pumps from? I really can't afford the cost or down time to get a moose pump.
Could probally afford a dps turbo cal but really don't want the truck down while it gets rebuilt.
I need something fast tho. This leak sucks and my wallet does not like 12mpg.

They'll ship you a pump and when you swap you send yours in as a core. No wait time..

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes me feel alot better wmoguy.
Is there still a core charge at first?
I think I'm gonna try the dps pump then it's a reasonable price.
How do you like your pump?

My local auto store wanted 600 plus for a reman:eek:

wmoguy

Reaction score
That makes me feel alot better wmoguy.
Is there still a core charge at first?
I think I'm gonna try the dps pump then it's a reasonable price.
How do you like your pump?

My local auto store wanted 600 plus for a reman:eek:

Yep I'm pleased with my pump. I can't remember if I paid a core charge and then got money back or if he just gave me X amount of time to make the swap. Call and talk w/ Ken about that.