where can I get a wiring harness

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
I would like to get a complete under hood wiring harness for a 89 f350 7.3 idi manual trans.
i have the origanal from my truck but it was a gas 7.5 and the po hacked it to pieces trying to get more power from the 460 that was in it.
I have a harness from my 93 7.3 idi non turbo auto trans but the plugs are different and I do not want to be trying to splice wires from one to the other.

Also none of the junkyards around me have any diesel trucks.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a complete under hood wiring harness for a 89 f350 7.3 idi manual trans.
i have the origanal from my truck but it was a gas 7.5 and the po hacked it to pieces trying to get more power from the 460 that was in it.
I have a harness from my 93 7.3 idi non turbo auto trans but the plugs are different and I do not want to be trying to splice wires from one to the other.

Also none of the junkyards around me have any diesel trucks.

You need the dash harness as well if your going from gas to diesel.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
I can get the dash harness here in town from a buddys scraped truck but his under hood harness is worse than mine.I am getting the whole gage cluster and all from him.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
this is what my wiring looks like now
the 89
You must be registered for see images attach

the 93

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would repair it. Solder new wires in place and use shrink wrap, you will be impressed how it looks and how the solder connections hold up. No one is going to have a "new" harness, they are all going to be old and getting brittle. And don't let anyone talk you into one of those aftermarket "ez" or "painless" universal kits. You still have to splice and solder all your plugs and connectors for the switches with one of those kits.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get the dash harness here in town from a buddys scraped truck but his under hood harness is worse than mine.I am getting the whole gage cluster and all from him.

Oh ok.that will make this job simple for ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance