Where can I buy a new cdr valve?

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the local Ford dealer, autozone, napa and Rock auto and nobody has a cdr valve. Am I calling it by the wrong name, or are these things really that hard to come by.

Does anyone know where I can get one??

Thanks for the help. Van

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try an International turck center parts counter. Or the Ford dealer parts counter... They have to be able to get you one... If they say they can't its because they are too damn lazy to look up an old part.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E3TZ-6A665-A "Adapter assembly for Crankcase Ventilation" Also known as the CDR (Crankcase Depression Regulator) Valve ALL YEARS
How about that?

I'll forgive you this time since your relatively new. Check the PARTS BIN, 2nd page in the IDI Tech Articales.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Before I got a near-new CDR from Hydro-idi (thx, Ian!), I went to the International dealer for one. I told the young man I was looking for a CDR. "What's that?" "A crankcase depression regulator." "What's that?" LOL

Finally, the resident "Ford expert" came over and showed the junior associates where to look in the computer. Their exploded drawing showed a CDR, but mounted on a pipe, venting from the valve cover..... I asked: "Is that setup for a turbo?" They said no.... price like $103 for the CDR. And they'd have to order it. :eek:

True story.

Told them I'd come back with a part number. Would have called the several Ford stealers in the area. Good thing I didn't need to..... :sly

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From another member
The price is $50.32 (plus shipping) at Fordpartsgiant.com. part # E3TZ-6A665-A You can get them at a dealer, but don't ask for a CDR, you will just get a blank stare. They are called an adapter by the parts dept

Should probably look in the parts bin for the other pieces you will need

Reaction score
Like others said, the problem is that Ford doesn't call it a CDR valve. Bought mine from Tousley Ford online. $40-$50 IIRC.

Mike

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing all your replies, I called the local Ford dealer and went through the whole deal about the above parts number, the description etc and was told the part is no longer available. I guess I will try online and see if that works any better. Thanks for the help.