Wheel Bearing Torque Spec

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just curious.
If you said just bled like a normal brake change, I was going to recommend doing again until clear fluid comes out.
I had the same reaction when I did mine. About time to do mine again.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious.
If you said just bled like a normal brake change, I was going to recommend doing again until clear fluid comes out.
I had the same reaction when I did mine. About time to do mine again.

Yes I figured it would be a good idea to just go ahead and do all 4 corners. Wasn't a difficult task by any means and was way past due anyways. Also adjusted rear drums and couldn't be happier with job. I did forget to torque down lug nuts. Beer:30 got in the way so I will plan on getting that done tomorrow.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yup. World of difference.
Most people don't know (or just don't care) that brake fluid should actually be changed every few years.
And you should only buy small containers of brake fluid. That way you only have open what you'll be using. After the seal is broke, use it quick.
After a month or so of the seal being gone (even if the lid is still on) it'll draw in moisture. Not necessarily shouldn't be used at that point, but can lead to lines rusting.

sassyrel

Reaction score
That's pretty much how I handle bearing preloads. Spin the wheels until there's a drag on it, then back off a few degrees. Then after a few days of driving (or sooner if I feel issues) I will recheck the torque on the bearings.

This is a good thread.

this is correct.............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance