Whats up with Diesel prices? What do you Pay and Where?

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive way out of my way to go to a truckstop on Exit 104 off I95 to buy it for 2.27 .... If I am in Va Beach I go to Charlies Truckstop off I-64 for 2.38.

Around town its an average of 2.60 per gal... Some stations I have seen it high as 2.99 and as low as 2.49. It doesnt make sense!!!

Another thing I found yesterday... I was taking a country drive(haulin a$$ on some sweet curvy roads) in my fastback and I stopped at this place way out there to get some gas and I saw a pump labeled "Farm Use Diesel Only" and under that it said "Fuel Oil". This stuff was only 2.07 per gallon!!!!! Has anyone ever tried using it? What does it all mean?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
man the best price i can find around me is 2.64 a gal exit 35 off of 83 North at a truck stop. i have noticed the same thing though unlike gas that is fairly consistant diesel seems to fluctuate 50 cents or so a gallon.

the off road fuel is basically home heating oil with the red die, dont run it. i have heard of people running it on raod and they like it because it is like the old diesel before the went ULSD and get better miliage. bad news if you get caught, they run it in tractors and off road heavy equipment. an old buddy of mine used to run deliveries for the stuff to construction sites.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my vans with 29 gallon tanks I would make the trip over to the Pilot truck stop. My current piddly 19 gallon tank I've been filling up at the local Speedway because it's more convenient considering I have to fill up a lot more often.

But a couple days ago the guys at Speedway shut off my pump because I got back into my truck. I explained that diesel is not explosive and that if they did it again I will go elsewhere. It's 25* today, I want to see them shut off everybody's pump that gets back into the car!

Running off-road fuel on the road is a no-no. It's cheaper because there are no road taxes in the price, just sales tax. Basically what they get you for is tax evasion.

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
i just filled my front tank up this morning in Winchester VA, right off of I-81 and i paid $2.49 a gallon. I have to watch where i get fuel at around here because if i run the ultra low sulfur my MPG drops atleast a couple miles, sadly i have thought about running the offroad diesel since i have no badges on my truck and the ole 7.3 motor which kinda sounds like a noisy gasser anyways :D

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's between 2.95 and 3.19 here in the Seattle area. I wish it would warm up a little, I want to get back to using B100.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2.60 to 2.99 here in the portland area.:eek:
The really suck thing is home heating oil is 2.63. and guess what I heat with:mad:

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest I've gotton is $2.67 last week I've seen as high as $2.85 here in Ct. Wish I could burn wood in it.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing $2.64-$2.79 for #2D and $3.10 for B90. Of course I pay less for homebrew B100 but I have had a hard time making fuel lately. I've been busy with my coursework and papers, plus having a hard time getting methanol. Working on it though,
J.D.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
The stuff in the Farm use only pump is the same stuff that is coming out of the #2 diesel pump with the addition of red dye. No road tax. Not legal for on highway use. Furnace oil is also the same stuff.

From most refiners #1 diesel is also stove oil, kerosene, and Jet A. Different amounts of tax and different dye.

Jim

Last edited:

SKimballC

Reaction score
In the boondocks of Eads, TN, I've payed 2.45 for months. Going on into Memphis, its on up to 2.89 or so. Bogus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online