WHAT'S NEXT

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A 94 turbo 7.3 motor with coolant in #4 cylinder really sounds like cavitation but could be a head gasket too. There are no coolant passages in the intake manifold at all. Give Promar a call on Monday if you have to buy a short block or long block.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its your truck you can do with it what you want. You may be able to make the Cummins swap cost effective if you can score a sweet deal like Darrin Tosh and MNR did. Its a shame that 7.3IDI turbo cavitated, they are pretty sweet engines. A little cooling system maintenance could have prevented it. Either way...best of luck,
JD

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Its your truck you can do with it what you want. You may be able to make the Cummins swap cost effective if you can score a sweet deal like Darrin Tosh and MNR did. Its a shame that 7.3IDI turbo cavitated, they are pretty sweet engines. A little cooling system maintenance could have prevented it. Either way...best of luck,
JD

what he said, but..... if you part out the 7.3 let me know i could drive down an help you with it?

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Looks like promar is the way to go,3yrs/75k wat. $3400.Does anyone object to painting it old school ford dark blue?????;Sweet Hate that grey color!!!!:puke:Will post pix later having trouble

Last edited:

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Talked to promar today and the long block will be here next weekend,what a good price to keep an old girl alive;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good....very good. If I were you, I would get the diesel rated ELC from CAT or Rotella and not have to worry about that cavitation block worm again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online