What would YOU do? Just curious

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd go to tires-easy.com and get a cheap set of tires for the ford that way you can drive it and make sure it's sound.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
selling both and getting a crew sounds like the BEST plan. And I have to agree about the cushy no personality on driving the chevy. I also do not like the fact that the GMT400 platform ALWAYS look like they are bent between the bed and cab.

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some OK tires on the Ford then sell both of them and find a decent IDI with an extra or crew cab.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWESOME, Thanks. I'll check it out.
I've used them for cheap tires for my wife and mines daily drivers, just put in the size your looking for and it's crazy how cheap a set of 4 can be shipped to your door. I'm in no way advocating they are good years but I would definitely rack the miles up on them with no issues

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just talked with a friend of mine and he has some tires that he bought back in 2015.....size it what I want and he wants 200. I will pick them up tomorrow. I should be taking the Ford out for a trip tomorrow.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect! I think if it passes the test drive I'd keep it. I have a hopped up srt on 20 pounds of boost and I drive my idi everyday I love it!

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely loved my last IDI...thats why I bought this one. And a guy called last night about my ad on Craigslist for the Chevy. I have it listed for $4350...says he lives in Simi Valley(Long ways from here), but said its exactly what hes been looking for. Suppose to be here this week. But as with all craigslist people, just have to wait and see. I dont get my hopes up for anyone anymore.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if you get rid of the chevy, you can buy another Ford, right?
You always need a few spares around, just because! :p

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright....got the new/used tires mounted up. They are Falken Wildpeak AT02's...285/75/16...what are the chances..lol. So this evening when my wife and son get home, I will be going for a ride. In the meantime here are a couple pics....tires were $200

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I DROVE IT!...ran GREAT. Just a few concerns though. First is it would shift from 2nd to 3rd then lockup the converter pretty quick...is there an adjustment I can do?
Also, I need to figure out the brakes. Its like the calipers are not moving or clamping very hard. So I need to rebuild the brake system. Other than that, I LIKE IT!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just pop the caliper pins and grease em. Mine were wearing uneven because the truck sat and wasn't moving on the mount. Clean the contact points and grease em. And yes my trans did that and my tps was set around .6 volts. I adjusted it to 1.1 and it's way better

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726