What should I pay for high quality IDI injectors?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Who should I buy from? I'm thinking I'm going to replace all my injectors next to get to a steady and known state before bolting on my turbo.

I'm just wondering who is the least expensive and best remanufacturer or seller of new injectors, preferably bench tested.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
If you're just looking for a number, I'd say $50 dollars an injector would be my limit. A few years ago i got all mine for 20 each on ebay and they've been perfectly fine. I don't exactly remember what brand they where, maybe delphi or something like that...

If you wanted nice tested ones i guess it'd add a few bucks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Usually when you buy "new" thats all you get. They are not tested for pop off pressure or spray pattern. After they have run for some time the spring takes a set and the pop pressure will be a bit lower. Thats not a bad thing. Delphi is a good brand and so is Stanadyne if you can find any. Some of the earliy motors had CAV injectors. They worked ok. Midwest Fuel Injection is a good shop to deal with. Hector With Injectors is another. A few members have had problems with DPS and Diesel Care (bill williams) so be advised if you buy thru these two. Others will chime in with more info.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
thats too bad dieselcare has a set of 8 for $108.00 and IP's for $275+$125.00 core.

I'd love to hear what issue people have had with them.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Follow this link......there are like 4 people with different stories about diesel care. http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19805

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy all new BB code injectors from Oregon fuel injection, return line kit, and install kit. I dont want fuel leaking anymore :D. Might as well do it as the truck is down ;Sweet....speaking of that I should stop procrastinating and get out there and pull the rest of the tranny :D

Ford4life

Reaction score
i bought 8 injectors brand new from pennsicola diesel for around 125 bucks about six months ago. I think they were delphi. I found them on a ebay store and they shipped them right out. i would definetly use them again.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Is that the same dieselcare that everyone warns us about?

Yes it sure is-there was water and all typs of junk in the pump he sent us.I have never seen such crap from a so called rebuilder in my life.It didn't even look rebuilt-leaked from the start-TOTAL JUNK!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online