what kind of deals you got worked out for your WMO?

j2005

Reaction score
i currently live in the middle east (doha, qatar) and on the way to work i got gas in my wife's tiguan (97 octane @ 1.04 a gallon) and the price of diesel was about a 1.00 a gallon...while i was there i saw a flat bed truck with about 4-5K gallons of WMO. i asked him what they did with it and in broken english told me: "it is put on a tanker and then shipped to a process plant in saudi. and then from there where ever." so i asked if i could have some although i have absolutely no need for it and he said sure take it all...they dont check on the amounts they bring in or anything. he said i could have the 250 gal containers that it came in as well.

****...where is this guy in the states when you need him?

so that brings up the question...has anyone here been so lucky and been able to get this kind of deal?

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up 3 55 gal drums of wmo. The guy told me that I could have it if I would bring 2 of the drums back. I also have 250 gal a year waiting in a cube free, including the cube.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I have access to 100s of gallons a week for free. No catch or anything. Just good people I saybthank you too.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
A few years back before I converted to WVO I experimented extensively with WMO and acquiring it. Most mechanics have to pay to dispose of the oils - if you present yourself as trusty worthy person they will most likely agree to give it to you. I found that ATF was the prize - it burns much cleaner and works great. If you can find a shop with a transmission flush machine thats the golden goose.

Patriotgal

Reaction score
I recently bought 10-55gal drums of road-taxed diesel (@$3/gal!- back in jan), and saw that the fuel-oil place was also a WMO collector. I asked about it- and was told I could have all I wanted- if I bought the 235gal plastic/basket cubes @$35/ea to take it in.
I have several 72-74 military "multifuel" trucks (2.5 & 5-ton series), and this is an interesting alternative fuel- especially w/diesel now $4.50 and rising. Even a 50/50 mix would be nice! Anybody else have experience w/military trucks using WMO/WMO mix?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online