What Hand Cleaner Do You Use?

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Changing the oil filter on my truck today (among other things), and having that thick syrupy black mess cover my arm up to the elbow then having to scrub my arm 4 times and still not getting it entirely clean. it his me...What hand cleaner does everyone here use? I used to be a Lava diehard myself but it's getting scarcer to find and the Dawn I have in the shower just doesn't cut the mustard sometimes. Looking forward to the input.

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joy dish washing soap, lemon scented. I carry a big jug on my truck, works great with just a little scrubbing and a little bit of water

wmoguy

Reaction score
Brake cleaner is my friend when I am cleaning motor oil in the centrifuge. Gets your hands very clean. Follow up with some hand soap of choice.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Black lightening nitriles gloves. :D

Go-Jo with pumice IMHO works best at cutting the crud that the diesels produce.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goop or fast orange
the dirt just falls off your hands its my bestfreind when im done working and have to come in

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
If I could get it, knuckle duster, but it was discontinued in the 90's... But for something to carry in the truck
http://www.chaseproducts.com/products_professional.cfm?item=4385151
It has ammonia in it and will sting on cuts, but they heal up faster, and it does an amazingly good job on oil and grease... Especially for something that you don't need water with.
Even takes the black oil from a pig (pig roast) off hands.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'll use a number of things around the house, butI always carry a container of Big Mule wipes in teh truck for road repairs. Instant cleanup with no residue

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
zep tko. they might call it something different now than tko but its made by zep, its light blue, has plastic scrubbing pellets in it and the best part is it works with your skin wet so if you miss a spot like some toher cleaners you can't go back and clean it again. Gojo comes to mind as it doesn;t work well wet.

Its cheap too.

All the boys in the shop love it.

I also like mean green! Works GREAT!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ever I got around sand and soap n water....brake clean, go jo, fast orange, varsol, what ever I got what ever I can use!

Chemicals are your friend!

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cherry Bomb from ZEP is what I use at work and it will get my hands clean even after getting them covered in slime working on the Detroits.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Cherry Bomb is what I used tonight.....still took 4 times and My arms are still stained from the grease and oil.....one day I'll add a handful of sand to it.