What diesel??

Matt Henning

Reaction score
If you use a Eaton 13 spd, what would my cruising revs be , and I could stay in high range right?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RPMs would go down with a 13 spd tranny. YOU had better look at eaton.com for the specs. These are BIG trannys made for BIG RIGS!

Matt Henning

Reaction score
The RT-610 series is made for 600 ft lbs input torque so it is a mid range trans... still pretty big but doable.
I know I had someone in a 2 stroke Detroit group said he did a 13 speed, I was like what would you need that for, then I thought possible that you could get 1000-1400 rpm at cruising

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
4bt Swaps started off as a 4bt site but grew to have Detroit, Perkins, Japanese Diesels and more. It is a lot of creative people throwing ideas around and getting things done. Take a look!

Matt Henning

Reaction score
4bt Swaps started off as a 4bt site but grew to have Detroit, Perkins, Japanese Diesels and more. It is a lot of creative people throwing ideas around and getting things done. Take a look!
I'll be sure to , I think I'm actually already a member, been a while though so I don't know lol

Brighammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 87 Dodge Raider AKA Mitsubishi Montero got it for free, mine is the gas 2.8 or 2.4 cant remember with about a million miles of vacuum hose, but I have been told by multiple mechanics overseas that the Mitsubishi 4D55 (non turbo) or 4D56 (turbo) mates right up no mods too bell housing or Mounts. Its a cool little rig under powered, terrible on road trips, mediocre offroad (IMHO) compared to say a Samurai but the ability to bolt a diesel straight in is tops!
The 4d55 came in turbo too, just 2.3l instead if 2.5. I pulled one out of an 85 Dodge ram 50(Mitsubishi might Max rebadged) and put it in a1991 Mazda b2600. I'd do it again all day.