What batteries do you have in your idi?

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this is not a thread for battery debate.... just wanna know what you guys run and what you guys like to run. Do you stick with group 65s? Or did you get group 31s to fit? Brand and model? Agm? Standard? Sealed? 850CCA? 1000CCA? Just put it all down below or link a good detailed thread if theres already one!:Thumbs Up :cheers:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Group 31's. But I think there is a clearance issue in the 92 and newer "OBS" trucks and in those I run 65's. 65's should almost always be plenty good provided that everything else is up to par in regards to your starting system.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Group 31's. But I think there is a clearance issue in the 92 and newer "OBS" trucks and in those I run 65's.

I’ve heard about this, is it an issue in the bricknose trucks? Ive heard of a bunch of guys running 31s in the bullnose trucks but not really any in the bricknose.

Also, what brand/model and cca ratings are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart everstart group 65s. I live in Northern Virginia and we see cold temps, down into the low 20s in winter and she always cheeches every time. I have a 94. Sorry forgot to add they’re 850cca. I got them cuz they were inexpensive, I use my truck for hunting and infrequently so I couldn’t justify the expense. At least not right now.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
2x Walmart Everstart Maxx 65N. (Avoid 65S, lower CCA). I bought them for my F250 but 2 months later bought the RV so I swapped the over. Very happy with them. Dirt cheap and great nationwide warranty.

My F250 came with a pair of O'Reilly batteries with 3 yr free replacement and both went bad after about 2.5 years. But since I didn't know the phone number for the purchase history/warranty, they wouldn't/couldn't honor the warranty. They had decals showing when they were manufactured which was less than 3 years, but that didn't matter.

So, I got the Walmart ones when the O'Reilly ones got so bad that I couldn't put it off anymore.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costco stock replacements, I guess that's group 65. 850cca can't remember the reserve but they are good batteries. The best part is, if(when) one fails or starts to go, you walk into costco with BOTH and they warranty them out for two new ones even though only one was going. Costco has about the best return policy on planet earth, and though I rarely return anything, they never pitch a fit. My first set lasted about 7 years with them and I wasn't kind to the batteries.

Last edited:

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costco stock replacements, I guess that's group 65. 850cca can't remember the reserve but they are good batteries. The best part is, if(when) one fails or starts to go, you walk into costco with BOTH and they warranty them out for two new ones even though only one was going. Costco has about the best return policy on planet earth, and though I rarely return anything, they never pitch a fit. My first set lasted about 7 years with them and I wasn't kind to them.
Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interstate G31 in my 92. Bent a lip flat on the tray and made my own hold downs. Put the ground to the outside in case of good contact.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got AcDelco Group 31s in the dually. 1000cca each, cost $114/ea

Diego has a pair of $50 walmart group 65 value batteries. Only been in there a year but no problems so far.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Autozones AGM group 65's and they failed a few days out of warranty. We had Champion ones on consignment from Pep boys so I put those in. I think they are 650cca

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has interstate batteries, 850cca each i think. they are good batteries but be careful which shops you go to to get them. my truck had brand new interstates in it when i got it and when my VR went it fried the batteries and the shop i went to at the time would not warranty them even though they were less than a year old. i had to pay $360 for 2 new interstates and i will never go to that shop again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin