What are the differences between a first gen PSD & the 99+?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the map sensor doesnt do anything worth talking about on the 94-97s.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
thats cackle.i believe it was cylinder #8 that did it.ford has a seperate injector for that cylinder to take care of the problem.

Funny thing about it is I hear big diesels do it more. When I say it hammered on one cylinder I am saying you could hear one cylinder louder than the rest. It was allegedly #8 that caused it. thats why some jerk at ford stuck the LL injector in that hole in my truck. Some day I'll get it out of there.
Hell, our 2 new C13's do it more than any 7.3 I've ever heard:rotflmao
Ken

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
How do you trick the MAP sensor on the OBS since it was mentioned?

Should be bringing it home on thurs. ;Sweet;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no need to trick the map on the obs like you do on the SDs.the obs do not defuel with high boost pressures or set the CEL for over boost.one thing you will want to get is the EBPS dongle from SP diesel.they sell them on ebay.it tricks the PCM into thinking there is very little EBP in the manifolds.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about it is I hear big diesels do it more. When I say it hammered on one cylinder I am saying you could hear one cylinder louder than the rest. It was allegedly #8 that caused it. thats why some jerk at ford stuck the LL injector in that hole in my truck. Some day I'll get it out of there.
Hell, our 2 new C13's do it more than any 7.3 I've ever heard:rotflmao
Ken

on the big diesels people expect them to hammer but they dont expect a diesel pickup to make noise :rolleyes:cookoo .diesels are supposed to rattle and hammer.if it dont make noise there is something wrong with it :D

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I personally love the 7.3 cackle. I think I notice it more on OBS's as they start to move. Of course, this is from the perspective of somebody standing in a parking lot watching an OBS leave. I haven't really been in very many OBS PSD's.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
One other thing, OBS doesn't have an intercooler.

Not stock :D

one other thing comes to mind...the PCM is behind the parking brake assy and cover on the OBS as opposed to being more easily acessable on the SD on it's own shelf just below left of the steering colum......