What’s a good EGT.. 1989 7.3

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s very true! The last idi I had was turned up and it seemed like it ran way good and the temps weren’t all that bad. I was also thinking about putting new injectors in it cuz I really don’t know how old these ones are the motor was put in 5 years ago is what I was told last year when I bought it and it was an old man that had it so it wasn’t driven very much so I thought I mite do it but it’s not smoking or hard to start or anything when I got it I went cheap on glow plugs and put auto lights in it which was a huge mistake lol it’s got motor craft now lol but ya I think I’ll turn the pump back down a bit this weekend. And ya next payday I’m gonna buy the timing light and box deal to check the timing and see where it’s at.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe try one flat just to see where you're at. Then you may be able to fine tune it from there. Before you buy injectors, definitely check the timing. Something else to try is a product that was recommended to me by Thewespaul. It's called Hot Shotz Diesel Extreme. It's a cleaner for your fuel system. I tried it and it made a HUGE difference in the way that mine runs.

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I’ll look into that! I wana hurry up and get the bugs worked out of it so I can start on body work and get the paint done. These old trucks are sweet when they are shined up!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Typical rust on the bottom of the extended cab parts. The bed is off of a different truck so the paint doesn't match. At least when I'm driving it, I can't see the way it looks.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My 1981 F150 is all original, but ugly, faded paint with just a little rust around the rear wheel wells.

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the box on mine it pretty much destroyed lol but I’ve got another one lined up for it but I have to get the other stuff done first lol

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would shoot y’all a little up date on my truck so I bought a new auto meter egt gauge and ya I guess my old gauge was junk I got the new one on and took my truck out ran it up to 70 and I never saw over 800 degrees. So thanks for all y’alls help!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger