Wellman Glow Plugs?

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted this in the Ebay / Craigslist forum, but I wanted to get a more broad view of these and hopefully a little more feedback.... Thanks!

These are super cheap AND made in the USA AND supposedly hotter/faster/better.... Anyone using these? There's a note at the bottom that states "Markets and boxes under the name Diesel Rx"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-7-3-7-3...924491&vxp=mtr

EDIT: I am seeing that these are all over Ebay... Sadly they appear too good to be true. The giveaway should have been that a few of the Hall of Shamer's are selling them. Thanks!

Last edited:

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the listing is gone too. I would like to see a review of em tho.

If you search "diesel rx" on ebay they will come up. The diesel rx website has a youtube glowing with Beru and NGK but that's as far as I got in research.

"tbrumm" commented on the post in the "Ebay/Craigslist" thread I started that he bought a set and they swelled on the first use. I found a set of 8 zd-9's for $75 including shipping so I went with them. I went with reliability over price.

The '89 I just bought has Autolites and they are all f'd up. I will be pulling heads soon for a bad valve and don't want to do it twice.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't it always work out that way? you get what you pay for.

Dammit! I don't want it to be true ALL the time! LOL I believe as I season as a bargain shopper I will be able to better challenge that saying...:sly

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
There is an exception to every rule, unfortunately there is also that pesky rule that keeps getting in way.:sly Were beru zd9 plugs the motorcraft labeled zd9's?

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I say cheapskate? I meant bargain shopper...:D

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I opted for Wellmans and haven't had any issues. It was a calculated risk since they aren't Beru.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's nothing cheap about an engine reman because the tips of cheap gp's swelled up and broke off,and ruined your pistons.or "just" caused you a bad weekend of pulling an engine to pull the heads.lets just say it doesn't require a reman.
if you can calculate that saving 20 (even 40 call it.i don't care,call it saving 100 if ya want lol) bucks is worth risking an engine replacement,no offense really but perhaps your risk to reward calculator is broken? :D

i know if i was hard up,id just keep saving and buying 1 beru per paycheck if i had too.start the old girl with a hair dryer for a few months until i saved up for 8 beru's..........but at some point id have to be honest with myself and admit i should probably be in a little cheap 4 cyl car if i couldn't afford a set of gp's.just saying.

Last edited:

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 to what was said above. When it costs close to $150 to fill up both tanks, skimping 1/5 of that on questionable plugs vs known quality plugs is foolish. I had Champions in mine and knew one or two were bad and just replaced them all. If my stuff can't be road ready at any time, it's really not worth me having. You can't plan for the unknown but can plan for the probable.