Well the old girl made it.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to run to Raleigh NC to put a tractor in the Christmas Parade. Truck did fine, felt a little shudder in the trans on 2 or 3 or the uphills. I calculated the tractor with fluid in the tirers and all the weights and Tobacco transplanter weighs in excess of 9000 lbs. I am guessing the truck and trailer are at least 11000 lbs. Ran 60 to 65 with the O/D locked out and got approx 10 mpg which I ddn't think was bad considering the load. Eason
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not bad for the load you were hauling. Sure is nice to see such a nice looking international tracter being pulled by a Ford truck with the international engine in it... Nice combo...:thumbsup:

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure is a pretty combo. the tsc next to where i work had a tractor show yesterday. of course i had to work, but did see them all leave. no obs trucks were pulling the old iron tho.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trailer is 25 ft 20 + 5 dovetail. It has 2 7K axles under it. I now wish I had bought 10 K lb with dual wheels on the tandem axles and about 5 ft longer but this one is almost paid for. (2 more payments). The switch would work if the truck was in park so I think it's a wiring issue. I just locked out the O/D when I started it. Eason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online