weather stripping on doors

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
i am repainting my truck and need to know how to remove the black plastic with a chrome stripe that goes along the bttom of the cab. and where can i get the double sided sticky stuff that holds the F250 and XLT Lariat badges on the sides of the fenders?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The black and chrome just pulls off. I'm in the same boat looking for the stuff to hold the emblems on.(Dad knows but won't tell.)

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get behind that side molding with something like a guitar string/wire...by simply pulling it off, you could pull off the old paint and cause more trouble than you want.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Double sticky tape is usually available at most auto parts stores, made my 3M. Comes in different widths. Or try a paint/body shop, maybe a little cash and they'll cut you off a piece from thier larger rolls

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
well, the whole truck is being stripped to primer so a little extra paint wont hurt. already got a few places where it is down to bare metal :dunno

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I used double side tape from 3M I think it says something like badge/emblem take on it. I remember the peel off is red then the tape is black, got it from the local parts store.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding removing the side black trim with the chrome strip. I used a hacksaw blade in my hand and basically cut through the tape. If you plan to use it again make sure you don't bend it when you remove it. Once the stuff takes a shape it's hard to get it to sit flat again. Thin wire like a guitar string or windshield removal wire is a good idea also.

The tape I always use is 3M double sided trim tape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online