Water spots on windows GONE..not a mechanical post but gotta keep em looking good

blacksmoke94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've hated looking at my windows and have fought water spots for years. I've tried just about every solution on the internet I could find to no avail. My truck had the spots when I bought it years ago and have only gotten worse over the years but I finally found a solution to share. I know it's not a repair job or anything mechanical but with these aging trucks and all the effort to keep them running good, have to keep them looking good too.
The product I found is made by Invisible Glass and specifically called "Spot Remover". I purchased it at the local auto parts store. I used a 3000 grit foam pad made by 3M to apply it. It took some effort no doubt, especially for me but it does work. I followed up with a good coat of Rain-x.

You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must live downwind of that hugh coal burning power plant in Wyoming. Acid rain will make spots on glass. Comes from the water evaporating and leaves the acid residue.

blacksmoke94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. No, don't live downwind from a coal plant. Unfortunately it's city water full of all kinds of bad things.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ever try white vinegar and water.. Then wipe it off with good old news print.. That cleans everything very well.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water spots are pits where the stuff in the water ate a hole in the glass.no cleaner will fix that.i guess sanding with 3000 grit would work.

blacksmoke94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried everything from the vinegar to heavy duty cleaning products. In my case, the spots were build up of minerals from the delicious city water. I just thought I would share what I found that finally actually worked.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can also use jewelers Rouge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

About Jewelers Rouge, had to chuckle :sly at that. Years ago to clean the windshield, we would run the wipers and smear on good old toothpaste, the good old toothpaste in them days contained ground up Volcano rock, called pumice, some hand cleaners contain that now.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yep. I've never done it myself, as my windows are too far gone with deeper scratches. But it's said you can remove light scratches with it.
0000 steel wool works good for cleaning windows also, but I don't know about water spots. https://youtu.be/q4WwOrkgXlc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk