Water Pouring out of bell housing.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll also point out that this is why we run coolant instead of water in the cooling system. It's got all sorts of corrosion inhibitors in it to prevent even mild steel or cast iron from corroding/rusting.

And, while on a 6.9 you don't generally need to worry about cavitation, I'd still recommend a good HOAT coolant that works fine with old seals like my go-to Zerex HD ELC coolant.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold a freeze plug tool to a member out there, maybe he will loan/rent it out to you, I will consider renting one to you, PM me

beckty85

Reaction score
I sold a freeze plug tool to a member out there, maybe he will loan/rent it out to you, I will consider renting one to you, PM me

Thanks, I will pm when i get the trans pulled and am for sure thats the issue. Dont mind putting a deposit up either. Just hard to justify buying one outright for the little use it will see.

beckty85

Reaction score
If Im going to have the trans out anyways. Would a new Torque converter be smart? Truck either has 160k or 260k.

thanks

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
zip code 93561
That's where I launched my cooling system when I was towing this mess through the pass back in late summer. Damn. a little far. If you were in the SFBA, I'd loan it to ya. When you're close by, I have means for recourse.

You must be registered for see images attach

beckty85

Reaction score
That's where I launched my cooling system when I was towing this mess through the pass back in late summer. Damn. a little far. If you were in the SFBA, I'd loan it to ya. When you're close by, I have means for recourse.

no worries. I work in a machine shop. maybe someone can take some good pics and some good measurements and i can just have the machinist make me one............?

Sorro71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the rear of the engine. It may be of some help to you.
104142-a644b8d326860e2e5feb4987ce1f11e3.jpg

beckty85

Reaction score
based on that pic theres 4 on the back of the motor? 2 inside the bell housing and 2 on the head?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no worries. I work in a machine shop. maybe someone can take some good pics and some good measurements and i can just have the machinist make me one............?
there's measurements floating around here on how to make it. take a look around. i'm a little busy getting ready for the day otherwise, I'd look.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
For anyone else that may need it in the future.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must not have done it right but r and d is doing a video build of a idi and the first step was a tutorial on freeze plug installation and what kind of freeze plugs he's usuing in blocks he builds. It's on youtube