Warn hub issue

Ggg

Reaction score
I replaced the ESOF hubs on my truck with Warn premium hubs. A few days later I was locking in my hubs and noticed the drivers side lockout hub moved in and out of the wheel hub about 3/8". All the allen bolts were tight, so I figured the snap ring came out of its groove. I took it apart and all was well. I put the lockout back together and it was no longer loose. Anybody got any ideas???

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a strange one. The hubs are so easily removed with snap ring pliers.
Was the hub fully engaged, either in "lock" or "unlock"? I'm thinking maybe Warns have in and out play in between the 2 settings?

Ggg

Reaction score
No when I saw it the hub was all the way in the Free position. I turned it to lock and it was still loose. Turned it back to Free and same thing still loose. Returned to lock and drove the truck and it was engaged to the axle, but still loose.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This hapened to a friends chevy.. A long time ago... LOL... But one of the srings inside got stuck.... MAybe this is your issue?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broken spring not allowing hub to push out fully?

Ggg

Reaction score
It's been about 2 weeks since the hub came loose and it has been fine since. I have used it several times and it works flawlessly. When I took it apart that night the hub was in perfect condition, no broken parts, nothing out of place, nothing loose except for the entire hub itself. :confused: :confused:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is stopping the spring from putting pressure on the hub....... I know you know that.. just thinking out loud...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online