WANTED GEAR VENDORS OD

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I've got one, but the transfer case rear housing is damaged. I bought it at an auction with the intention of converting it to a divorced unit, for my Chevy's SM465, and 4.56's.

Actually, I haven't even been able to test it, to see if it is functional.

If you're interested, send me a PM with an offer, and I'll get back to you.

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I've decided I don't want one because I called a guy at their main office and he was a ***** and to get any adapter you had to turn in the old adapter, OH and $650 to trade and a rebuild on one was like $750 I figure the cost of a used one and an adapter and a rebuild in the future I could buy lots of that sweet no. 2 diesel fuel.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
It is a Laycock de Normanvill OD, GV just selles them with the adaptor, one of these days I'll start making adaptors, gotta go to the junk yard and buy an old Volvo transmission with the OD on the back :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a Laycock de Normanvill OD, GV just selles them with the adaptor, one of these days I'll start making adaptors, gotta go to the junk yard and buy an old Volvo transmission with the OD on the back :)
Not as simple as you make it out to be.
there's actually three different modern versions of the Laycock OD unit. The one that can handle the HP and torque of our motors is the type "P" unit. You don't find those behind volvos too often. You will find the "K" or "L" models more often than not.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
From what I can tell the cases are the same, so I could mock up parts with the smaller one and use it in a small car, but only the newer (1987? up) volvos had the type P, a little harder to find. I also want to disect different models so I can see what is really inside and how they compare since specs I have found are difficult to use for comparison.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7