VRV adjustments

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
Hi all, was looking at the VRV on my IP and if I look at it from the driver side of the truck, it's turned pretty hard counterclockwise, top of the vrv is closer to the front of truck. Would I need to follow all of the instructions on Towcats sticky if I were just to turn it back to be about even/straight, or near where they were stock? Thanks

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more you adjust it counter clockwise, the later the shifts. I've never set mine with anything, I just drive and adjust to make sure it doesnt shift too early but it takes several times to get it just right.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you need to set according to towcat instructions, just use a 1/2" bolt for the block, .0015 less won't make much of a difference.

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
I just looked at CDX285's VRV and set mine about where his was, mine was way off so it shifted really early, its good now

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
I just realized it looked counterclockwise but it wasn't, it is more now than it was before

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most modulators on the tranny are adjustable also. You take the vacuum hose off and put a little screwdriver up in there and adjust it the same way, for later or earlier shifts. I would think if this was way off, then that would put your VRV adjustment off, they would interact with each other.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 2nd to 3rd shift is perfect but 1st to 2nd kicks really hard

Thats the way smokey is too but it's great for towing, nice firm shifts with no mush. I think someone put a shift kit in mine somewhere along the line, yours may be the same.