Variation on GP controller bypass

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
I have looked at the push button total controller bypass circuit and wonder if anyone has any input on a variation I have in mind.

I am considering a SP-DT - Momentary switch. Center terminal to relay. N.C. terminal to the original wire from controller to relay. Momentary terminal to Bat.

That should leave the controller system operating normally unless I think I need a little more, like now when it is pretty cold. The controller would thus be isolated from the Bat. to relay circuit when the Momentary is activated. This way everything is "Ford original" unless I activate the switch.

What do you think ???

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Having a hard time visualizing it from your description... It's early and I am on my first cup of joe...

Draw up a picture in paint or something then post it. Then I can understand.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is now set up with a second ground wire to push button so if i need to glow a second time just hold the button just be careful you can burn up the plugs.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jauguston said:
I have looked at the push button total controller bypass circuit and wonder if anyone has any input on a variation I have in mind.

I am considering a SP-DT - Momentary switch. Center terminal to relay. N.C. terminal to the original wire from controller to relay. Momentary terminal to Bat.

That should leave the controller system operating normally unless I think I need a little more, like now when it is pretty cold. The controller would thus be isolated from the Bat. to relay circuit when the Momentary is activated. This way everything is "Ford original" unless I activate the switch.

What do you think ???

You need a signiture line with info about your truck in it. If you have a 7.3, I can't recommend trying to hold the plugs on longer than it does. If everything is up to *****, it really does a good job no matter how cold it gets.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel,

Jim has a motorhome with a 6.9 in it if I'm not mistaken... but a sig line would help a lot either way.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Travis,

Drawing a picture and posting it is WAY beyond my meager computer skills. I'll just build it and give it a try. Nothing ventured- nothing gained (-:

Jim