used banks turbo kit good deal ?

broncoholic

Reaction score
A guy I know came by and said he has a complete banks kit for a 7.3. He only wants $200. Is this a good deal? I think it might have come off of a powerstroke 90 something f350. Will this work on my 84 6.9?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the moment you said "powerstroke" the info became conflicting. If it is off a IDI 6.9/7.3 the $200 is a great deal if it is ALL there. You have plenty of room to get the turbo rebuilt at a shop. If it is off a powerstroke 7.3.....you got your work really cut out for you.

broncoholic

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out. Not shure if it's a powerstroke or not. My exhaust is off now and we should be able to see if it all bolts up, right?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
if it is off a 92 93 or early 94 maybe, 94.5 and newer no way, it's not that good of a deal but buy it for 200 ship it to me for 300 and at least you make 100!:D

broncoholic

Reaction score
I got it for $160 !! It's from an 88 f350. Missing one exhaust pipe that goes from pass. manifold to the turbo manifold and the clamps that hold the turbo together and the oil feed line. Looks like I left enough firewall space on the 77 bronco to bolt it up. Yahoo!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it for $160 !! It's from an 88 f350. Missing one exhaust pipe that goes from pass. manifold to the turbo manifold and the clamps that hold the turbo together and the oil feed line. Looks like I left enough firewall space on the 77 bronco to bolt it up. Yahoo!
post a pic....
they usually are a "Y" setup.
here's a pic of one I sold some time ago.

Attachments

• 04-12-05_2003.jpg
    04-12-05_2003.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 15

suv7734

Reaction score
If you'd like a copy of the original Banks installation/parts manual send me a PM with your email address. I've got it in 2 .pdf files, about 4.2 MB total.

broncoholic

Reaction score
Towcat, I'm wrong. looks like the driverside is missing. i can't figure how to post pics. suv7734,thanks man. I'm sending my email address now

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you decide you want to give a shot at rebuilding the thing yourself , this guy on ebay sells kits and when you buy one of his kits, if you send in your wheels, he'll balance the assembly for free. If you don't see one for your turbo listed, call the guy. It's a regular turbo shop,so chances are he's got it.

I rebuilt mine a few weeks ago the thing works sweet ;Sweet First attempt at a turbo. Makes me wonder why I've been sending them out all these years cookoo

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Dang, that would be a sweet deal, its at 345.00 now though, and is bound to go up with another day left of bidding..... oh well.

broncoholic

Reaction score
Man, I got a sweet deal didn't I ? I am going to put my kit on the 91 bronco. I don't really need anymore power for the crawler, just the ability to run on extreme angles

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score

You put an IDI in a shoebox?! I would like to see pics of that! My wife and I just yesterday sold her '66 Bronco, and we have a '69 we are just starting on. The thought crossed our mind to put a 6.9 in the '66 before we sold it, but we weren't sure what we might have been getting in to. Ive heard of people doing this but have never seen pics.

If interested in showing it off, PM me and I'll give you my email to send pic to!