Unexpected find when rotating tires..

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Check out the pics and tell me what's not supposed to be there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
The seal is out tonight. buying new brake shoes, new seals, and probably a box of brake cleaner tomorrow and all should be good once again.

EricW

my $h!t is stuff
Reaction score
Check out the pics and tell me what's not supposed to be there.

Good to see I'm not the only one to do twilight break jobs...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Good to see I'm not the only one to do twilight break jobs...

I helped a friend put a muffler delete in his OBS PSD...and he decided to start it at midnight! I was like WTH, who starts projects that late LOL. I even saw him change the oil in it at 1 o'clock LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Some people are crazy. I've worked on stuff all day and late into the night, but never started something that late. A few years ago I completely stripped the interior in my 79 Z28 the day before a car show, completely redyed everything, installed a new windshield, built a new rear package tray, installed a new sound system and radio, new carpet and new seats all in that one day. But I didn't actually get finished until 4:30 the day of the show and I had started working on it at 8am the day before. That was a crazy project. lol

We have that wet brake shoe problem all the time on my moms crew cab. She's extremely ******* brakes and regularly will blow the rear brake cylinder out. It's stupid how she treats those brakes. The last brake job I did on it I had to use a splitting maul on the drum to break it off the axle the brakes had worn into the drum so far. She never says anything about them until it's far too late.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I helped a friend put a muffler delete in his OBS PSD...and he decided to start it at midnight! I was like WTH, who starts projects that late LOL. I even saw him change the oil in it at 1 o'clock LOL

some people like me like to work late at night rather than early in the day, im more of a night person than a day person

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Found the same thing today with mine. I went ahead and replaced all the rear wheel bearings along with the seals. Not a fun job!

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I have found that installing brake shoes in 20* temps when your fingers wont bend is difficult. I'm still not sure why I always end up doing rear brakes on late winter nights.

Chicken_Fried

Reaction score
I have found that installing brake shoes in 20* temps when your fingers wont bend is difficult. I'm still not sure why I always end up doing rear brakes on late winter nights.

I always end up doing Fluid changes in 40 degree or below weather with nothing less than a 30mph steady wind. You should see what my driveway looks like :puke: But I am getting good at estimating the fall distances for the different fluids.

Oh and my personal favorite is engine work on the jeep. Bending over to wrench on something the wind always redirects and blows right up my shirt in the winter.

EricW

my $h!t is stuff
Reaction score

You're good at a lot of weird stuff on late winter nights... Or punching screwdrivers through oil filters...LOL

...Oh and my personal favorite is engine work on the jeep. Bending over to wrench on something the wind always redirects and blows right up my skirt in the winter.

They make long johns for that stuff.... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao