twin turbo kit

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not really sure, I thought that the second gen was intercooled while the first gen was not.

But what do I know, I drive a ford. Hopefully someone will come along with the answer here.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Should fit up but will have to adjust the piping some because you don't have the intercooler - might want to consider add the IC. If you do call 1800radiator because when I wrecked my truck I call them for replacement parts and figured my IC was toast so I got a price on a stock replacement and it shocked me on it's price - I have seen used ones on ebay go for much more than they were wanting for a drop in replaccement - now I'm sure it's not the same quality but it still should shed heat no matter what...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep the manifolds are the same from my understanding. I would recommend that if you are doing this level of work get the 3 piece manifold from either ATS, or BD or the like. With the increased power level you will start a more hectic heat cycling and the stock OEM manifolds like to lift the head off the front corner of the block causing you to have to pulll the head to replace the gasket and resurface the head (I had to do mine because of it). The three pc manifold also brings along better flow so the twins will be happier. Look for a used one like I did - I got mine for under 100 clams used with a brand new replacement center section - yes I stole it I know....

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Argve is right the manifolds are exactly the same. You'll just have to adjust for an intercooler.

jcmoyer2004

Reaction score
it may take some work but im sure you could make the twins work without an i/c and you will still see an increase in the horsepower and a decrease in EGT's

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Remember that '91.5-'93 trucks were factory intercooled. The '89-'91 trucks were not intercooled. The exhaust manifolds are the same, however they are slightly different from the manifolds on the 2nd Gen 12v trucks.