Turning up my IP ?????

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've been thinking about turning up the IP pump in the truck in my sig. My question is I don't have a boost gauge. So will it be a bad idea to turn it up with out the gauge. I have the pyrometer already in the truck. On the flat cruiseing i'm at about 400*-450*. I've only pulled once,(15,000 lbs) and it got up to 1100* then I let off. I was only going to turn it up one flat on the wrench.

I'm looking for ways to get a little more power out of my truck. :D

So what do you think?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning up the max fuel screw won't change your maximum boost one way or the other. The max boost is controlled by the wastegate diaphram.

I'm going to suggest leaving the max fuel alone and install a boost gauge and see where you are at max boost now, and see if you can safely increase the max boost. Once you have more "air" THEN look at your EGT's and see if you want to add more "fuel".

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I agree completely with what has been posted. You may be at the limit now so install a boost gage so you know where you are. Without a 15 lb boost gage it would be like starting from the dark side of the moon and wondering how much boost you need to get home. Gages are our friends. Install lots of them.... :thumbsup:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want black smoke you can have the motor out of my wrecker. I'd gladly trade for one that doesn't smoke.

I hate to break the news to you, but the majority of the world doesn't see a vehicle emitting black smoke as "cool" they think you are too poor to have your truck fixed.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr_Roboto said:
If you want black smoke you can have the motor out of my wrecker. I'd gladly trade for one that doesn't smoke.

I hate to break the news to you, but the majority of the world doesn't see a vehicle emitting black smoke as "cool" they think you are too poor to have your truck fixed.

That's why the paint needs to be shiny. :Sly :D

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Mr_Roboto said:

Yeah I am to poor to get my truck fixed that is why it was smoking black since it left the dealers lot 6 years ago. cookoo

The only ones that don't think it is cool is the people on bikes LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online