Turbo Stuff

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM's sent - thanks guys, I got the entire kit shipping for right around 300, I think I'm doing well. It also included all that stuff int hat one pic-

Kyle

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One box is here - it looks like I've got a complete airbox, a turbo oil feed line and an up pipe? Or is it a crossover tube?

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm making it faster, so I should look at the brakes as well. The fronts are brand new loaded calipers and a new MC, I've got two spring kits for the rear and new shoes as well. I also am going to replace ALL of the lug studs as the previous owner cross threaded ALL of them...

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other boxes showed up - the turbo doesn't have any play as far as I can tell. Grabbing the impeller and the shaft stud I cannot get it to move up or down or side to side.

Also were included are 8 brand new Ford glow plugs, blade style! Now I don't have to convert my harness to get the plugs I got from the U-haul sale right away.

So I'm missing a pipe, not sure what it's called and the y-pipe piece. What else do I need? I have an airbox and a swirly thing, what interconnects the two?

This is my first diesel and turbo project, it's looking like I may need some hand holding to get the concepts figured out :p

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Have fun making that stuff, CLEARANCE IS MEGA TIGHT back there and there is absolutely no room for error.

it would be a worthwhile investment to get a body lift to ease this pain.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you got a good eal cause the y and up castings are the most expensive parts. I will look for that y some more when i get home in 2 weeks, .

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got everything for less then 350 shipped. It's a good deal to me - I've got no time constraints, so I'll look for the parts I need.

Thanks for looking typ4 - I appreciate it.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, just a re-cap at this point, but I have not gotten anywhere with my missing parts, but it isn't like I've been searching high and low either...

Basically I'm missing what bolts to the y-pipe (cross-over) that connects the y-pipe to the passenger side manifold and also to the up-pipe (that has the pedestal mount for the turbo). I am not certain what the part is that I circled, it looks like an elbow - :dunno Please correct me if I'm wrong-

I don't think I need an oil line as my turbo already has a line on it, but a flexible steel line would be an upgrade - I could put a T fitting on it and an oil pressure gauge to monitor the turbo as well.

I don't need the different valve covers as I plan on venting the crankcase gasses to a catch can, I don't need to coat my intake and possibly damage the rear cylinders with extra oil/fuel... I can do this correct? I know modern EFI engines will run lean if the PCV system isn't vented back in (as the ECU is expecting that airflow), will the diesel care?

I just got around to setting up a push button glow plug controller as I've got all new MotoCraft plugs and I don't want a ****** controller to kill them. I've still got a rebuilt IP and new BB code injectors to install.

I wanting to turn up my current pump as this truck is SLOW, but without a pyro I don't want to damage anything. If I'm WOT and banging gears with a load I will get an ever so slight haze out of the exhaust - can I safely turn the pump up one flat without worry? By the looks of it, it's the original IP and injectors, so she is tired...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online