turbo performance

IHOlRed

Reaction score
so i am about to get a whicked wheel for my turbo and had plans to get a different ported turbine housing. was wondering if i should do this or spend the extra to get a ball bearing turbo. im also gonna get biggboost..didnt know if im gonna blow the turbo up from high boost with all these mods

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i am about to get a whicked wheel for my turbo and had plans to get a different ported turbine housing. was wondering if i should do this or spend the extra to get a ball bearing turbo. im also gonna get biggboost..didnt know if im gonna blow the turbo up from high boost with all these mods
When you say different ported housing are you talking about the 1.0 A/R turbine housing?

Bigboost? You want to tell us a little more about this "thing" youre going to get?

Injectors and HPOP? You still stock?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little info on the truck would be good as well.fill out your signature ;Sweet .

the whicked wheel is a waste of money for any ford.all it is is the factory stock compressor wheel for the 94.5-97 PSDs and sold as an overpriced upgrade for the 99-03 7.3

ball bearing turbo is worth it.as the stocker can only handle around 26PSI safely without killing it.

a different ratio housing will bring the boost up quicker with hotter EGTs.you can get the turbo to spool faster by adding more fuel with the use of a chip.

and remember no matter what you do you will only see a 75 max horsepower increase untill you upgrade injectors

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
better do headstuds as well if your going for big boost.the heads start lifting around 45PSI if i remember correctly.but big boost does you know good without big fuel to go with it.big fuel is needed for big boost

IHOlRed

Reaction score
ok updated my sig..ya im lookin at gettin the adrenaline pump with stage 2 injectors so ill wait and get a GTR38R turbo