Turbo party.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I just got a new Felpro valley pan for mine that I'm installing an ATS non wastegated setup on, and there was a gromet in the box that fits the bottom of the pedestal, where the oil drains back, perfectly

---------Robert

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Thanks Robert,
I'll keep that in mind.

Just ordered new IP built to turbo specs, 8 turbo Stanadyne turbo injectors, along with retuen kit and caps. Should be able to pick them up Friday.

John

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ip and inj.

John,
Who is doing your pump?
I thought only remaned Stanadynen injectors were avable. and to stay away from them?
Thanks
John

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
John,
Diesel Pro in Glen Rock is building the pump. He said Stanadyne does not make injectors anymore, but he had a new set on the shelf. I asked if they were rebuilt, and they said no. Brand new. We'll see.

I had them build an IP for my 87 F250, and it's been great.
John

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link?

John,
Diesel Pro in Glen Rock is building the pump. He said Stanadyne does not make injectors anymore, but he had a new set on the shelf. I asked if they were rebuilt, and they said no. Brand new. We'll see.

I had them build an IP for my 87 F250, and it's been great.
John

John,
Do you have a link or a# for them?
Thanks
John

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
OK, slight problem,
Turbo injectors are 44 a piece, the IP is 450.00. Last IP I got from them was 375 and injectors were about 33 a piece. Granted, that was over 2 years ago and it was for a non-turbo version. Do these prices sound unreasonable, or is my natural cheapness kicking in. Just a little bit of sticker shock. They had to order a return line kit. All should be in today by noon, and I can go down and pick them up.:thumbsup:
John(Metrojd), I'll post info when all is said and done.

John

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turbo is in line with what I am seeing. the injectors are worth the $$$$ if new. Not so if they are rebuilt.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, Conestoga Injection, just across the river from you stocks the IDI pumps and you could walk in and out with one. They also stock the Lucas rebuilt injectors. I used their stuff on Lady with no problems. Nothing against the guy in Glen Rock, but if you haven't been to Conestoga yet, it's worth it. Their shop is quite intriguing.

SKimballC

Reaction score
From what I've heard around here over the past year, the turbo G code injectors aren't exactly the bee'e knees compared to the BB's and other non-turbo injectors. I know you're in a hurry and all though. If it were me and I didn't want to buy normal old new Lucas/Delphi's and it came down to paying $44 a pop for new G codes, I would consider DPS's Stage 1's for the $36 each.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and got the stuff. Work was only about 30.00 bucks cheaper, and I don't know who actually rebuilt the pump from RMP and Ford. I trust these guys, I'm just a cheap a** at times. Total bill came to 900 bucks. Ouch, thats more than the used turbo! Oh well, might as well do everything at once, and have it last a while.

I think I'll put the fuel system on first and then deal with the turbo. Having this IP and injectors sitting in the kitchen is driving me nuts.:thumbsup:

John

pafixitman

Reaction score
Price on the injectors sounds correct if they are new and turbo version. Does the turbo version make a difference over a N/A? I have no idea, but that sounds like the prices I saw back in the spring.

You were in my neck of the woods. Drove by them Tuesday. Almost stopped by your place also. I was at Grainger in the morning and then went to Lenscrafter at the mall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online