Turbo. Is this right?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
what about having the housing machined to allow a short piece of 3" pipe to be pressed in, and then shortening the downpipe about 2 or 3", and using a clamp like that?

I can't see my downpipe very well, so if I am way off base, let me know.

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
what about having the housing machined to allow a short piece of 3" pipe to be pressed in, and then shortening the downpipe about 2 or 3", and using a clamp like that?

This is what I have in mind. If the housing is to wallerd out then I will weld it in place. Then clamp flex from there.

I dont have the means to take a pic of what I have but the way mine is mounted is the braket that bolts the down pipe to the flange is shaped so that it only fits on the bolt between the manifold and the flange. It can slide up and down on the flange botl about an inch. In order to mount it under the bolt head itself it would require a spacer to clear the lip of the flange itself. Just a crappy design period.
If there was a 3 inch long piece of pipe married to the housing you could clamp flex pipe to it and route it any way yuo like. Seems pretty simple to me.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I get a little nervous with a pressed fit on cast iron - how thick is that housing?

If you heat the whole casting, you can weld it.