Tube size ?

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of right now, the plan is to weld a 1/8" plate to the front to form a 90° angle, then bolt the 90° leg to the factory cdr mounting holes on the back of the intake. I will probably add 2 legs to the rear for stability, and most likely bolt it to where the factory GP relay was

I'm going to space the bottom of the plate approximately 6" from the valley (I'll have to test fit it first to check for clearance, maybe more maybe less).
Run my oil return back thru the valley pan (not quite sure exactly where yet)
And oil pressure from the bung behind the oil filter

Once i test fit everything,I'll draw a rough sketch, and try to take pictures along the way

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Okay that makes sense.
Run the drain to the CDR/turbo drain that's already in the valley.
Any reason you don't want to pull oil from the back of the valley where the oil pressure switch is?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason in particular, I've seen a lot of people run it from the bung behind the oil filter, seems like they said you get more consistent pressure ? Idk.

That would be a whole lot simpler to run it from there

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure, seems like i remember a few of em did, just not sure which ones.

But the sensor location should provide the same pressure/flow rate as the filter location shouldn't it ?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Correct.
Iirc, maybe slightly lower pressure than the port by the filter.
But many have been running that way for a very long time.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into that, I'd hate to starve my turbo of oil and burn it up,but If this will work it'll be a little cheeper,and a lot simpler

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i did a little research on drawing oil from behind the filter versus the oil pressure sending unit.

I remembered that is where i wanted to put it, but couldn't remember why....hehe

Ok, by using the bung behind the oil filter, that's almost the closest you can get to the oil pump as far as predrilled positions, and the oil from this port comes almost directly from the oil cooler, and directly from the filter.
So your getting the cleanest, coolest oil you can get from the crankcase for the turbo. Versus pulling it from the oil position sensor bung, which that oil has been almost completely thru the engine, and the temperature of that oil is the same as the block.
Not to mention, the oil pressure sensor bung will have to be drilled and tapped due to it being a smaller diameter

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin