Block vacuum

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running a road draft tube for the last few years, but I want to run it into my intake. I’ve got quite a bit of blow by and I’m tired of being told my truck is on fire. lol So, I want to “recycle” the smoke per say. I have an ATS turbo and I will run from the front of the timing cover where the banks road draft tube adapter is then I would like to run it up and back into the intake tube I made (I just used peace’s of a hot rod cold air intake. Some silicone boots and clamps.) i blocked off the tuna can port, didn’t need it with the road draft tube. So my question is, how much vacuum do I want in the block? I’m thinking the size of the nipple I install will determine the vacuum. Or maybe I’m completely off and need some guidance.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just reinstall the cdr it meters that on it's own...

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it going to matter having a turbo? Did they make a cdr for the turbo model? And does having more blow by then new effect the cdr? Meaning as blow by grows does the cdr abapt to that?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
For a stock ATS setup, the CDR is mounted to the drivers side valve cover with a special valve cover arrangement.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
For a stock ATS setup, the CDR is mounted to the drivers side valve cover with a special valve cover arrangement.
If it's the 093 that's how it mounts. I believe the 088 has it mounted on the side of the air cleaner and the 085 mounts it between the air cleaner and the turbo on an elbow.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I welded up a "Banks-like" fitting on the IP cover and remounted the cdr. Details are in my "turbo tale" link. I had deleted the vacuum pump (hydroboost install) in preparation for this so my install might not work as well for you.