Try a M.D. BOMB party?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
My first mini-BOMB party is done. I advanced the timing on Markinter's 466. That would be a cool truck as a daily driver! He said he took it to a dyno and is putting out close to 300hp and 800 some odd pounds of torque. Now for the pyro, aftercooler, and Schwitzer turbo:love: . I took him for a ride in the Dodge, and demonstrated a dual smoking(black & blue) burnout. Thrust is good;)

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
I just drove into Reno after the bombing and logged on with the laptop to say a big Thank you! to nevrenufhp for taking time to work on my truck. I crewzed up the mountain grades that used to make me drop down to 4th gear and fall behind the semis. I only had to use 5th gear in a few spots and if I wasnt towing it would have been 6th all the way:) .Nevrenufhp's Dogde is insane:thumbsup: I was pinned to the back of the seat, I can say that his truck was the quickest vehicle I have ever been in! And it's a nice looking rig too especially the huge front bumper. You need to get a pic of it into you sig. His son had a good time riding up and down on my air-seat LOL while mods were being applied.

My list of needs/wants for the truck is getting longer everyday ;) If I just had the money.

The truck did seem to run cooler after the advance and doesn't bog under full load:)

Thanks again! Mark

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
The wonderful world of being BOMBed! Good to hear the temps are in check. I'd almost suggest a newer 466's exhaust manifold with the Schwitzer turbo. When the time comes, of course. That way you can ditch that funky down pipe question mark lookin thing, and have free flow!
When we went for a spin I forgot to do a 4WD launch up to 60mph, that's when it really grabs.:peelout We did a burnout that looked like this smiley too.

Last edited:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NeverenufHP & Markinter,

You forgot to include you buddy out east!!! :( I still have stock gov springs. I'm so lonely & sad!!!!

LOL

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Actually I didn't do the gov springs, as tempting as it was. He wants to make sure the EGT is taken care of before it gets any more mods that get it hotter. Buy me a plane ticket and I'll do whatever you want(to the truck). Twins, fat injectors, new gov springs, anything else? BOMBing is a nice little hobby, don't want to make a living at it by opening up yet another hi po diesel shop. I'll leave it to the already big boys. Mark should be about 19* timing, that's where my '94 DT is and any more seems to put the power in at too high rpm. Sounds like a real diesel now. I'm sure he'll see a touch more gain in mpg's again. He's already doubled my 94 466's mpg's:moon:

And the bumper Mark was talking about

Attachments

• dodgelfrt92704.jpg
    dodgelfrt92704.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 40

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do other than the pump mods? Just timing?

I found out some really surprising things about DT466 injectors. Everything is not what you (or I) think it is.

Last edited:

Copper

Reaction score
Hey Duke, was that $5200 on the 6613 for just the tranny, or the driveline and everything? I've driven a few 6+1's and really, really didn't like them much......have you looked for a used one? I might be able to help you out with that, but shipping might be tough........

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
What did you do other than the pump mods? Just timing?

I found out some really surprising things about DT466 injectors. Everything is not what you (or I) think it is.

That was it, just timing added to his fuel rate adjustment.
Do tell on the injectors, sounds like a bad thing. I've seen that if the fuel screw is removed, or ground down it can blow the tip off an injector.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Copper
Hey Duke, was that $5200 on the 6613 for just the tranny, or the driveline and everything? I've driven a few 6+1's and really, really didn't like them much......have you looked for a used one? I might be able to help you out with that, but shipping might be tough........

Copper,

Yeah, I haven't heard much good about the 6+1's. It seems like the perfect fit for me. What didn't you like? The way it shifted?? What was it that you disliked? I need feedback, b/c I'm really close to making a move.

That price is for a reman RTO 6613 installed, with bellhousing & PTO changes and a shorter driveshaft. Basically the whole job out the door.

The 6613 was about $2,800 itself. Comes with a 1 year warranty on the tranny.

Copper

Reaction score
Well, the only one I spent much time with was a tandem, and it just flat didn't have enough gears. It might be okay for what you're doing with it, a lighter truck and all, but if you end up with a pretty good load on the trailer, it could be a little disappointing. Also, it could have just been that particular one, but it seemed like it was really slow-shifting, but that could be just getting used to it.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most I ever plan to do is add an air pusher axle and take my GVW up to 44,000. i think I can do it with a 7 speed, but like I said, I'm not hearing too many great things about it. The one I drove was notchy.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can believe the lower EGT's, but I'd doubt the HP is all that much higher. Maybe 30-40 flywheel HP with a mild motor. Most guys run them to get lower EGT's.

Now the 1,000-2,000HP DT's Hypermax builds......they have water **** stystems that have delivery systems that look like garden hoses.:cool

Last edited:

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Even a gain of 40hp would be nice in our motors:)

Their test results for the single stage for a less than 300hp motor yeilded over 100hp increase. Of course it was their test;)

I still want one:love:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online