Try a M.D. BOMB party?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I guess since I'm posting about it, I could do the west coast folks and elect Duke to do the East coasters. I think the turnout would be low, since this isn't as popular as the Cummins/Powerstroke parties.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Are you allowed to host these parties at your place of employment? Or is this an off-site party? Do you know of a place that can dyno a MDT? I'd like to know how I stack up against a stock 530 after the bombing takes place.

Thanks, Mark

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
They wouldn't let the party happen at work, I was thinking of taking over my neighborhood. There's a place in Stockton that has a big rig dyno, but I cant remember the name off hand. The new DT570 has ratings from 285 to 330 hp and 800 to 950 lb-ft of torque. If you want to beat that, then call Scheids for express delivery before you come up here.;) :D Big fat injectors, twin turbos and dual 6" stacks, yep...it's coming together!:eek:

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Looks like i will have to settle for the light bombing for now. With just turning up the fuel my truck runs so much better. Any extra cash i get will go towards a pyro/boost guage.

Mark

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the way mine runs with the rack adjusted and the star wheel turned-up.

I will definately be buying a 270 pump and switzer 1.15 turbo as soon as I can get some more play money. LOL

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
I just ran up a section of highway here in So Cal know as the "grapevine" normally I would be in 5th, but after turning up the fuel it was 6th gear 65mph @ 2k rpm with pedal to spare. I do need to get the pyro guage to make sure I'm ok on egts.

Mark

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark,

Did you do the gov springs?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We must get your truck in your avatar.....really.

Do you think the gov springs are worth it? I need all the extra RPM's I can get since my top speed is only 55-60 :idiot:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Mine will do 71mph, with the Allison and 4.78 gears. I dont think it's getting too many rpm's yet either. For some reason my gov springs were set to 2850rpm at the factory. Most older ones seem lucky to hit 2700, from what I've seen. Just the simple 2 clicks should get it up another 2-400 rpm, not bad for free. Otherwise it's a call to Scheids for new springs, I haven't yet called them to see if the 12V Cummins gov springs are the same. I've done the 2 click method in a few trucks (DT466's and a Ford 7.8)and they all had the allison, but WOW! what a difference in those! On a manual it'll help overlap the gears a little more. Duke, you can get different gears in the rear now that it has the power to push it.

Last edited:

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
O yeah, the other great bi-product of turning up the fuel is my mpg have gone up! I went 200 miles farther on this last fill-up. I have 3 tanks btw. the fastest I have gone pre fuel turn up is just under 80mph while in AZ with a posted speed limit of 75.

Last edited:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neverenufHP,

Can't change the rear because it's a 4x4. Even if I wanted to change the rear & front axles, I couldn't. The IH 4x4 with my weight axles only came in 5.38's, 6.13's and 7.34's :eek:

My truck actually has the "fastest" gearing available :eek:

Copper

Reaction score
Dang, man, we need to get you an overdrive. Have you ever figured out what'll fit?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spicer 6+1 ~$4,200
RTO6613 ~$5,200

I think I'm gonna do the 6+1. I don't really like it, but what am I gonna do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin