Trustworthy repair shops in OR?

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in albany and work at crabtree auto repair in albany
we are also the home of obs solutions. but the shop labor rate is 150 an hour, so we are expensive

on another note, man if there are so many idiers in oregon how come i have never met any of you guys

Zion

Reaction score
i cant offer any ideas on who to take your truck to, but reading through the thread i saw you used Oregon Fuel injection. If I recall correctly I believe there has been a few members who have had problems using their IPs and injectors. I could be wrong, but the name seems to ring some bell in my head.
At the time, the pump I had wouldn’t sustain an idle and there weren’t any other options that didn’t involve shipping the core. If it turns out to be a dud, I’m okay with the opportunity cost. The pump has kept it running and I value a running vehicle. I’m sure it wasn’t the best choice, but OFI was less than an hour away and reasonably priced.

Zion

Reaction score
im in albany and work at crabtree auto repair in albany
we are also the home of obs solutions. but the shop labor rate is 150 an hour, so we are expensive

on another note, man if there are so many idiers in oregon how come i have never met any of you guys
I’m experiencing a bit of a culture shock being down here, the way auto shop repair is secularized blows my mind. Back in Iowa, all my local shops will work on anything that has an engine in it. Even the welding shop can be trusted with mechanical repair. Diesel-specific shops here seem like country clubs. I might have to bite the bullet and take the higher shop costs if no other options present themselves.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used them for a rblt oem pump and new injectors. No problems so far and time will tell what is to come. I suspect they have been in business long enough that if there was a problem they would not be around.

mintmoballen

Reaction score
I’m experiencing a bit of a culture shock being down here, the way auto shop repair is secularized blows my mind. Back in Iowa, all my local shops will work on anything that has an engine in it. Even the welding shop can be trusted with mechanical repair. Diesel-specific shops here seem like country clubs. I might have to bite the bullet and take the higher shop costs if no other options present themselves.
Yeah unfortunately around here I think the only choices are either figure it out yourself or empty out your wallet for a shop. I would totally volunteer some shop space or even give you some help but sadly I just don't have enough space or time. I hope you get 'er fixed. Nice to see someone else in Corvallis with an IDI.

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on how the truck is going, OP?

Looking like making the move in Jan/Feb at the latest. Still have my old 4 speed if you need it and glad to help any of the Oregon IDI folks if need be (or just get a meet up going for a beer or 12).

Zion

Reaction score
Any updates on how the truck is going, OP?

Looking like making the move in Jan/Feb at the latest. Still have my old 4 speed if you need it and glad to help any of the Oregon IDI folks if need be (or just get a meet up going for a beer or 12).
Sorry for the late response, been slogging through the end of the term. I’ve got no illusion about driving the truck back to Iowa for break, no need to rush trying to find the right pieces for the right price. I’ll be back again around the beginning of January

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7