Truck not starting, help!

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it was only tested the batteries. I might take my truck down to my old high school and see if I can borrow the VAT tester, but new batteries are on the way with my next paycheck.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your trying to watch the coin, but still want to get something decent, look for your local interstate battery distributor...I have on many occaisions picked up blem batteries to the tune of $30 a piece...never had an issue, and the oldest one I have in use now is about 5 years old.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to check that out. I'll see where the closest distributor is to me, thanks!

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it turns out that the only interstate distributor in all of BC is about 10 minutes away from where i live. I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW - Up in your part of the world, I would really want to a slightly bigger battery. Mine are rated at 850 amps at 0 degrees F, and 1000 amps at 32 degrees. I live in Indiana, and I can only assume that it gets a lot colder for a LOT longer in BC.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's one thing not yet mentioned. If your gal is good looking, you might get a pretty good price for the truck right where it sits. :rotflmao

Seriously, if you plug the truck into 110v house power overnight using the plug that sits in front of your radiator, you may be able to start it in the morning. If this works, it's likely that your glow plugs are burned out.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck turns over without being plugged in down to about -20C (-4F) I just let the glow plugs cycle a few times before turning it over. The plugs are fine I simply just dont have a big enough battery.
The biggest group 65 battery i have found is a 900cca from Costco, I'm going to phone up the interstate distributor today and see what they have for blems.

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the blems-called ECONO line. Between myself and a couple of others we have bought 14 of them [golf carts, cars, etc] with only one bad one that was replaced without hesitation or question. Going on the third year on most of them.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went down to the interstae distributor today and they didnt have any group 65 blems. I guess i'm stuck buying some for full price now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.