truck history

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I dont know much about my 93 as I got it from a dealership.

As far as I can tell with my 86, my friends dad bought it new in 86 using it to pull random trailers and daily driving it. My friend drove it to high school and shattered the center section in the front axle. Sometime in 2002 at 186k miles the truck was parked due to a worn out clutch. Sometime last year my friend replaced the clutch and then decided he wanted a gas truck so I traded him an 85 F-250 with a 460 for it. I replaced the busted D44 with a D50 and aside from dealing with maintenance issues that arise from sitting nearly a decade, the truck runs and drive great. Aside from not having a turbo, I like driving it more than my 93 right now.

94IDIT

Reaction score
My Truck Was sold new at a local dealership in Rapid City. It was sold to an old man who bought it to pull a camper with. Then it went to a local construction company where it was flogged for most of its days. Then a recycling company for 2 years. Sometime after that it was outfitted with a welding bed and it went to work in the oilfields in wyoming for about four years. The motor was replaced somewhere in that time. After that it was sold to a local rancher a few miles up the road from me. It needed a clutch so it sat out by his shop for a few months, till he got to it. By the time he drove out to haul it down and fix it it had had the turbo kit, the tranny/t-case, front fuel tank, welding bed, radio, drivelines, and rear gears stolen!!! So he slapped a mismatched bed on it and sold it to me for 500.00 bucks. Ever since I've been slowly pieceing it back together. All she needs is a tranny now, so if anyone has a 4x4 Zf5 for sale near SD let me know!!

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my '90 F250 in Portland, Maine in October 2009 with 143K and I am the 3rd owner. It was sold at a central Maine dealer to the original owner who I was told towed small trailers from Maine to New York for work. He put on about 100K miles on it in the first 3 years. The 2nd owner who I bought it from had it from 1993-2009 and used it as a personal work truck hauling and towing some, but not real heavy. He only put about 43K on it in 16 years. It now has 152K and I will use it for hauling firewood, random stuff, and next year a slide-in camper.

Mine is silver and the paint started peeling not long after it was new, but Ford wouldn't honor it because it had too many miles on it already. Paint is still peeling and has some rust that I would like to get fixed and freshly painted this winter. It has never plowed snow. I have had to put in new return lines, radiator, brake lines, brake hoses, rear brakes, shocks, and tires. I plan to do injectors, glow plugs, and new fuel filter soon as it is beginning to start hard. Runs and drives great once started though.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I bought my 99 F250 in Feb of this yr. Second diesel in my entire family. It used to be owned by the owner of a construction company. Guess it was his everyday truck. He bought it new from our local Ford dealership. He must of pulled a gooseneck since its got a hide away ball in the bed. Was actually in decent shape minus the bottom of the driver and pass doors rusing a lil. I bought it with 242k and now i've got 254k. All original truck. Was serviced by Ford its entire life. Have all the paper work and everything. I've done my own stuff to it so far. Plan on keepin it for a long time and doin more mods to it. One of the best trucks I have ever had. Built Ford Tough!

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
83 F-250

My 83 was the first diesel sold in Rocky Mount,N.C. at Crest Ford. When the guy ordered it you couldn't get factory air. It has a 4 speed,4wd,and limited slip rear. The original owner added add on air, a pioneer stereo, and a superwinch 9500 winch on the front. He had a stack of service records from everything he had done to the truck plus a full set of factory service manuals for the truck. I bought it in 2007 with 142K on it. I put a DMI cushion hitch bumper and a B & W turn over hitch. It is mainly used to pull a PJ 24 foot gooseneck with my antique tractors. I have pulled a Farmall 856 diesel twice weighing in at 12,000 for the tractor alone. Of course it's mainly on flat land. It's the truck I dreamed of owning in 1983 but had to settle for a Ford Ranger 4wd in 1983. Eason

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The history of the 90 F350 doesn't count. Its been around the block more than the local **********. :eek:

The 85 well, it has some history.

It was purchased by Mc Keon Bros Inc. So Amboy NJ. Selling dealer was Gilboy Ford Mercury in Whitehall PA. Date sold 7-16-1985.

The basic pickup was up fitted with a Morrison service body. Painted to match the original black and siver two tone.

Mc Keon sold the truck to a private party 10- 3-2001
The now well used truck had many band aids applied. The well worn paint was resprayed red.:puke:

The private party sold the truck on ebay for cheap
8-8-03 the truck was acquired for salvage by Southern New England Railcar Co.Yes I originally planned to scrap the old truck. But a couple of night runs proved the old rotted truck still has some life.:rotflmao

Starting this winter. The on and off project will start again. This time with a big jump in progress.:thumbsup:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trackspeeder u work for the southern newengland railcar co?

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill post mine.

Not sure where it was bought, but the original owner had the banks kit added from day 1, it was used as a work truck, and to haul horse trailers and campers throughout colorado, that owner then sold it to the next guy, and he used it for the same thing this is around 160K. The second owner then took it to Texas. fast forward to 190k and the motor took a dump somehow. Complete reman installed. Then 7 yrs ago that owner moved to PA and started going to my church. I fell in love with the truck, and was the first IDI i ever knew about. Then this past summer I was looking to buy and asked if he wanted to sell. Picked it up for $3500 w/ 260 K

Since i have added exhaust, intake, batteries, d60, new suspension, glow plugs, new rear brake lines, '08+ super duty diff cover, new rear fuel tank,

norfolkff05

Reaction score
i bought mine from the original owner about 3 years ago. he is a friend of mine that i work with in the fire dept and a retired marine. when he bought it, most people knew nothing about diesels in small trucks, but he says the main reason he got a truck with a diesel was that diesel fuel used to be cheaper and the mileage was better. he did not haul much with it, only towing a small 6x10 trailer with tools. he put the majority of the miles (243k when i bought it)on it as a boyscout master hauling camping gear and boys across the country for several years. when doing so, he rigged up auxilary tanks using 55 gallon drums in the bed with a pump wired up that would dump into the front tank. it is still on its original clutch, was re-painted about 6-7 years ago, and is in overall good shape. ive only done minor maintanence items like plugs, batteries, started, alternator, clutch slave and master cylinders, and of course the ip. its a work horse that will hopefully be getting a turbo in the near future. i love my idi.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet makes me want air horns more now

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current '88 F350 . The original owner bought it (in Oregon) to haul his cabover camper. He had the lift put on, the air bags installed, etc. He traded it in '94 then the second owners bought it. They were semi retired and living in a Airstream. They took it to Tucson for a while then moved up to Reno in '99 or so. The decided they liked it here so the truck got parked and only driven when they traveled out of town.
By fall of 2008 it only had 107k miles on it and had some issues from sitting so much but was in near pristine condition otherwise. The owners weren't physically able to maintain the truck and didn't want to see it rot away. So they put an ad on craig's list giving the truck away! Yes Free!!. They were picky about who it went to. They wanted to know that who ever got it had the ability to fix the minor issues, could afford to maintain it and had a use for the truck. So I emailed them, told them my back ground and how I use my trucks etc. Figured I had no chance of getting it. They recieved hundred of emails. A few days later I get a call from them asking if I wanted to see the truck. My wife and I went over and looked at it. They gave it to us. The old man's wife was almost in tears as we left with it.
Since then I've added the turbo and the 45 gal. aft tank.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '85 Hauler. It was converted by Schwalbe Mfg. when it was new.They added the 55" sleeper and the hauler bed. I believe it spent the first part of its life in Wyoming. The second owner used it as a Hot Shot truck. He had some sort of loan against it and defaulted. It took the Repo man nearly 6 months to catch up with the truck. He found it a truck stop with a loaded gooseneck attached. A few minutes later there was a truckless gooseneck sitting there.

This is where I come in. I was doing my hauling with an '84 Chevy dually with 6.2 l of diesel might:rotflmao at the time. One day I pass this little car lot that usaully had junk and this truck was sitting there. I saw the sleeper and the stacks:love: Well I had to get the load I was pulling to where it was going so I didn't have time to stop. A few weeks later I was in the area agian and saw the truck. This time I had time to stop. So I look it over saw the 6.9 the dual 30 gal. tanks the gooseneck ball etc. I ask the price and they quote me a number that was more than I could afford.So I get back in my truck and head down the road. About a month later I'm in my realestate agents office and spot a pic of the truck on his desk. He tells me that his boss had made a loan on it and had to repo it. He tell s me it is on cosignment with the car lot but if I want it they will make me a deal. So it became mine.

For years I haul everything from a 3 car wedge to 5th wheels with it. Making money, putting food on the table, etc. I did lots of repairs including 2 sets of head gaskets. At about 445k mile the 6.9 let go after hearing a noise in it for 2 trips. I know I should have stopped and got the problem fixed but I needed to make money and pushed it too far. I was loaded and had to get back on the road so I had a junkyard 7.3 installed. I ran about 60k more miles on it when it started giving me trouble. I had a trip to Colorado and I was going thru the part of Utah that wife is from. So I had her and the kids with me. On the return trip as I was coming into a fuel stop I noticed the idle was rough. Checked it out and figured I had an injector going south. It was a Saturday night and figured I was only about 400 miles from home that I would just keep going. About 100 miles later I notice the oil pressure drop 5lbs lower than normal. Check it out and its real low on oil. Well it took 5 gallons of oil to get home from that point. Once home I tore into and found some bad valve guides, injectors and more. By now it was also in need of body work and paint among other things.So it was decided that the truck had worked long enough as the primary hauler. That is when we bought the 2000. I put reman heads and injectors on the old 7.3 and sold my ol' hauler. That truck kept me warm kept me dry and NEVER made me walk. No matter how hurt it was it always limped to the next town.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess it's time for my trucks sad story. I don't know where my truck was bought new or for what purpose. All I do know is that it ended up in Dallas where it was used for pulling a construction trailer from job sight to job site. Then sold to a young truck driver in 1996 who was killed shortly there after in a car accident. Her had never transferred the truck into his name,and nobody could find the title. So the Guy at the construction company didn't want to get involved. I didn't know any of this until I acquired the truck for some work on a tractor. The state shows that the guy at the construction company is still using the truck for collateral on a loan, he has done nothing to help me get a title. I driven the truck with 30 day tags for the past year that I renew every month. I will most likely apply for a bonded title in the near future.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The state shows that the guy at the construction company is still using the truck for collateral on a loan, he has done nothing to help me get a title. I driven the truck with 30 day tags for the past year that I renew every month. I will most likely apply for a bonded title in the near future.
93 F350 CC 7.3 turbo ZF 5 speed 174,390 mi. "Dragon"
You can just about bet that the bank or wherever is holding the title. If you can find out where and talk to them, I think that construction guy is in trouble, you can't sell a vehicle legally without paying off the lien, at least in Ohio it's that way. Better get it cleared up ASAP. What if the guy goes bankrupt, and the bank repos it.