Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh trust me I had them suckers on today and their ready to light up the world... appreciate all the help I will post tomorrow on the results

hdbobber

Reaction score
Give me a call Monday after 6pm (I am in Kelowna, BC right now) and I will help you try to get this truck running. This thread I S getting to BE BULL$#!%. 205 368 3089 Monday evening.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey hdbobber

I am not guaranteeing anything right now because I do not have a phone with minutes on it but I can text.. do you have a cell number I can reach you at VIA txtng send me a PM with it and I will txt you from yahoo SMS

thanks

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
This thread I S getting to BE BULL$#!%.

Don't take this the wrong way, but would you mind explaining exactly WHY you think this? PM me your response if you prefer. I'm just curious why you feel this way after many of us have given good/great advice on what needs to be done to help him get the truck running. I personally have spent time on the phone and IMing with Ken (outside of this forum) to try to help.

I assume that you feel this way because of some of the responses on the last 2 or 3 pages. What about all the advice given on the first 15-16 pages prior to those? If you (or your friends) were disrespected in public (whether to your face or on the internet), wouldn't you become a little "rude" to get your point across and stand up for yourself (and/or your friends)? :dunno

Anyways (BACK ON TOPIC) - Ken, just make sure that all the cables are connected correctly and give it a try after it's all back together. Post your results (maybe even another video since then we can "see" what's happening) and "we" can see what advice there is to offer for the next step.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Ken I am going to try and delete the arguments that I have posted if this is ok...

thanks

Don't ask me for permission. I'm have no control over anything. I can be "booted" as easily as anyone else. Mike might not be happy with how this thread started going, but it can be turned back around. Don't worry about deleting anything. Just get the thread back on topic and everything will work out fine. Stay focused on getting the truck running.

I don't deserve anymore credit (or attention) than anyone else that has posted here, so please don't "single me out" in any of this. Like everyone else, I am only offering advice to help you try to get your vehicle running.

Last edited:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, and I appreciate it, my time is running out slowly, I have to get this show on the road, if I can't get into the navy (god willing I can) I guess I will find side jobs with my truck hauling people's crap across the country LOL...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I know I am getting fuel because, when I crack a injector it's sprays fuel, Ken mentioned that if it's not turning fast enough it won't catch... the reason why it wasnt turning fast is because I had one battery and the cable was completely gone (the o terminal) so I replace the o terminal and I am going to put the cable in tomorrow so hopefully it will want to catch or do something I will be happy if it back fires and sputters a little LOL...and there was smoke coming out of the tail pipe, it wasnt rolling but there was some and when I went back there I smelt the tail pipe and it smelt like burning diesel... so maybe ken was right and the starter wasn't turning fast enough, i don't know well see what happens tomorrow...

i agree yours is turning slower than it should, but did you ever look at the thread that i posted and showed how slow mine was turning over but it would still fire off so why shouldnt yours? and mine was turning much slower than yours

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK, they both are turing too slow. LOL

I just saw your youtube video Ken, and I noticed there was NO RETURN LINE AT ALL between the number 2 and 4 injectors! The return cap on #2 was just sitting there connected to nothing. Have you replaced those return lines, orings, and caps? If not, you will never get that thing to start well. That will cause huge air intrusion and fuel to leak all over the top of the engine.

Heath