transfercase @$^#$^#&^

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
trans shop says i need a new t-case at $1600 installed :mad: ...autolite! no way i can afford that any ideas, sources for cheaper one? thanks

fiverpuller

Lizard Limo
Reaction score
Junkyard would be about $100 up here. So what was the official problem? Must be internal issues for $1600??? :eek:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start looking for junkers, you could probably also use a 13-45 out of an older truck too. Should be able to get a new one for under 500 I would think. Scotty

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
ouch! yep, start checking out the yards. Wonder if towcat has got one kicking around. That guy seems to have one of everything.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I rebuld them all the time 13-56 mainly and I have never spent more than 500 buck on one so that is a lot of labor sounds like they are hosing you.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
didnt proceed with that company...scotty new for $500? would do it in a second! any ideas where? thanks guys-i will see what aamco has to say since they warranty will be nationwide and i moving to CO in 13 days (not like im counting down or anything ;Sweet )

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm...from what I've heard about AAMCO, I wouldn't bother. If memory serves, they'll look for any excuse to get out of the warranty, and their work leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Just my $.02 on the matter...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Hey-

I got a used 1356 for $500 with tax, core, and a new shift linkage from "subway truck parts" in sacramento, I was going to rebuild my old one untill I took it appart and found the planatarys were gooooooooooooooone and replacement new was $400, I could have gotten a pull it yourself case for $150 out the door.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I have replaced just about everthing in a 13-56 with new parts for around $500 bucks of course I am a mechanic so I pay no labor. But damn as easy as they are to R&R and repair I would feel bad about charging someone that kind of cash for that job.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
400 dollars for a plantary!!!Where the hell are you buying parts I bought one new for 80 bucks!

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I think you are getting took a rebuilt T-case here is no more than 1000 dollars CND. You can find a used one but I would suggest going with a rebuilt one. Untill you get yours opened up you never know how bad the housing has got chewed up from a loose chain or cracks.

Search around for a better price oh ya avoid AAMCO they are CRAP find a small rebuild shop that deals with nothing but truck transmissions etc.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
trans shop says i need a new t-case at $1600 installed :mad: ...autolite! no way i can afford that any ideas, sources for cheaper one? thanks

is this a slip rear output yoke transfer(also manual or electric shift?) or a Flanged rear output?Local place has a Flange output transfer for $500. 95K miles.Didn't list a slip yokes.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F350camper said:
ouch! yep, start checking out the yards. Wonder if towcat has got one kicking around. That guy seems to have one of everything.
No got on TC......"one of everything" applies to anything related to F450's. never owned a F450 in 4WD....would have loved to tho. ;Sweet

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
RKOCH said:
400 dollars for a plantary!!!Where the hell are you buying parts I bought one new for 80 bucks!

Don't recall where I got the number, but I almost choked when I did, and said yeeeeeeeah riiiight...