trans sounds like it has bee's

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all, i have a 92 f350 with the e4doa in it. i was under the truck doing some shifter linkage adjustment, and after i was through i had my wife turn the key on. with the key on you can hear the solenoid pack making noise, it sounds like a bunch of bee's swarming around inside it. its not a constant buzz it pulsates and sometimes skips. does anybody have a clue as to what would be causing this or is it supposed too? remember this is with the engine off and just the key on.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
This may help, I heard that same noise when I relay I put on the frame was shorted but for some reason it didn't blow the fuse. Also, one time I heard that same noise and they really where bees swarming on the other side of the tranny :D j/k

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have any relays mounted on the frame. the noise is coming from the solenoid pack. from what i have gathered there is a 12volt supply that goes to the solenoid pack and the trans controller just supplies a ground to work each solenoids. this noise is heard as soon as you turn the key on and off.

sootman73

Reaction score
i was told that if the pack is bad or shorted it will buzz. but if it has a ground it should blow one of your maxi fuses in the engine compartment.(dont ask how i learned this out it only cost me $40 in fuses!)

and yes the solenoid pack has 12v supply all the time and the computer just provides a ground to activate each solenoid.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks sootman ill have to check into replacing the pack and see if that helps. jarrett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online